Morning readers,
Happy Bank Holiday Monday! AND the weather's good!!! We're more used to chilly and soggy Bank Holidays here in the U.K., but today's forecast says it COULD reach 24°c - Woo Hoo, where's my shorts and sun cream? So? What's on your agenda today?
I've managed to spend some time at the ToC (that's Table of Craftiness) and have a card to share with you today, it deploys the last remaining "drunken chicken" from my birthday stash - it's so gratifying to have used each of the images, just a couple of sentiments to ink up and my work is done!.
Materials used:
- White, 250gsm, C6/A2 card and matching envelope
- Card in white and metallic purple, cut to fit and mat
- Paper Artsy frame (from EKD04) stamped using Versafine Clair charming pink ink
- Paper Artsy chicken image (from ZA58) stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
- MFT sentiment (from BB-49 "Bitty Bears") stamped using Versafine Clair purple delight ink
- Faber Castell polychromos pencils used to colour the image along with a couple of Sharpie fineliners and a Wink of Stella clear glitter gel brush pen
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- Love to Craft - May challenge - ANYTHING GOES
- Art Impressions - May 20th challenge - BIRTHDAY
- Krafty Chicks - challenge No. 561 - ALL OCCASIONS
- Cardz4Galz - challenge No. 147 - THINGS WITH WINGS
- Three Room Studio - challenge No. 38 - BIRTHDAY
I've another make to share with you today ....... Using another set of chicken stamps (this time from Art Impressions) - guess it's safe to say that I must like chickens!!!
Materials used:
- ATC blank
- Snippets of leftover card in metallic green and white
- Art Impressions chicken image and sentiment (From AiCS40 - "Spring Chicken" set) stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
- Clearly Besotted "clouds" stencil used to stencil Memento Bahama Blue ink with a makeup brush
- Tim Holtz mini stencil (THMS114) used to stencil some "grounding" with Memento bamboo leaves ink
- Faber Castell polychromos pencils used to colour my image and Wink of Stella glitter pen to add some sparkle
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- Cute Card Thursday - challenge No. 688 - ANYTHING GOES + (optional) ADD A CRITTER
- Aud Sentiments - challenge No. 275 - FOR THE GIRLS + A SENTIMENT
- Penny's Paper Crafty - challenge No. 497 - ANYTHING GOES
- Pixie's Crafty Workshop - challenge No. 404 - USE SNIPPETS
- Colour Crazy - challenge No. 21 - ANYTHING (hand coloured) GOES
And finally, I used to enjoy scrapbooking but it's been such an age that I'm out of the habit. HOWEVER, I did want to scrap a recent 75th birthday, well, such a milestone needs marking, doesn't it? The stamped flowers are from Dylusions and the alphabet is new stash from Paper Artsy, I also used a Tsukineko gelly roll gel pen to highlight and doodle!
I'll be entering this for the NBUS May challenge as the stamped alphabet is NBUS










8 comments:
Your card is so fun! Thank you for joining us at Art Impressions.
For once the weather forecast was correct and it's been a glorious Bank Holiday for a change. However, we didn't venture far as I'm sure lots of the roads were busy with families heading to the coast. Two fabulous cards. You DO find the most amazing stamps, Kathy! Great layout too, will be a lovely keepsake of a milestone event. xx
Two awesome cards. I love the first one and the cute funny chick. Thanks for sharing over at Cardz 4 Galz, the second chicken is so cute and great sentiment. Thanks for sharing over at Aud Sentiments, Colour Crazy.
Brilliant stamping on both the card and ATC. Great scrapbook page too x
Love this card. It’s simple but yet so pretty. That chicken is adorable too. Thanks for joining the challenge at Love To Craft Challenge Blog. Dorlene DT LTCCB
There's lots to look at and admire here today Kathy and that first with the drunken chicken is great fun...it looks as though it's fighting to get out of a cage..lol, and love the pink and purple tones, and then another wonderful chicken with that amusing sentiment, and a fabulous cloudy sky in that pretty blue and a good bit of grounding too. Lastly a beautiful scrapbook page with some lovely photos and happy memories made. x
Great clean and simple design for your drunken chicken. I don’t think it could handle being outside the box. Thank you for sharing your wonderful card with us at Krafty Chicks Challenge.
Diane - DT
Oh Kathy - I literally burst out laughing at that wonderful chicken on your snippets ATC - such fun! As someone else remarked above, you do find some great stamps!
Apologies for being behind with commenting.
Hugs
Di xx
Post a Comment