Morning readers,
Half way through another week, how's it going for you? We're having a good week so far ... we redeemed a thoughtful Christmas gift just yesterday. It was afternoon tea at Cafe Rouge so we made a day of it ... we picked the Bath location because, well, Bath's such a nice place! Took one of the earlier "off peak" trains so that we could take a look around the place too - nice way to spend a day.
Materials used:
- White, 250gs, C6/A2 card and matching envelope
- Card in white, deep chocolate and textured sand, for my card front, insert and matting
- Using low tack tape I masked off a border and, using a makeup brush, I applied Memento rich cocoa ink to the panel
- With the tape still in place, I overlaid my Memory Box grid stencil (88517) and applied a further layer of the rich cocoa ink
- After removing the tape I stamped my Creative Expressions (from "Arty Background") scribbled circle and chevrons (from CEC851) using the rich cocoa ink
- TCP sentiment (from S.5845.CL) stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
- Dark brown sharpie used to edge my card front and insert
I used a CAS sketch from a Facebook group, turning it upside down, what do you think?
- HLS - March STENCIL challenge - ANYTHING GOES
- Krafty Chicks - challenge No. 601 - STAMP ACT
- Creative Fingers - challenge No. 226 - ANYTHING GOES
- CraftyCatz - challenge No. 585 - ANYTHING GOES + (optional) CAS
- Use Your Stuff - challenge No. 443 - MASCULINE
Materials used:
- ATC blank
- Snippets of leftover card in blue and white, patterned paper
- Stampabilities image (from "Oh Elle" 1573807) stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
- Unbranded clear sentiment stamped using Versafine Clair paradise ink
- Using a makeup brush and Bahama blue ink, I applied colour to my white snippet, trying to avoid my stamped image.
- Overlaying my Tim Holtz stencil (THS002 "bubbles") I added another layer of the Bahama blue ink
- Faber Castell polychromos pencils used to colour my image
- Blue sharpie pen used to define the edges of my layers
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:
- The Corrosive Challenge - challenge No. 3 - ANYTHING GOES
- Dare2BArtzy - March challenge - ANYTHING GOES
- Polkadoodles - challenge No. 10 - ANYTHING GOES
- Colour Crazy - challenge No. 9 - ANYTHING (hand coloured) GOES
- Gem of a Challenge - challenge No. 5 - ANYTHING GOES

7 comments:
I absolutely love the CAS card and your ATC is fab too xxx
Sounds like a good trip to Bath. Your treat looks delicious xxx
Sound like a lovely day out! Your ATC is certainly adorable, Thanks for sharing your lovely project with us at The Colour Crazy Challenge.
Donna
Fabulous! Love the stamps, colours and you CAS design- and the matching envelope! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week.
Chris
x
Love both your creations. Fabulous cards! Thanks for sharing your day with us. So happy you played along with Krafty Chicks Challenge this week.
Diane - DT
I love the rich cocoa colour you have used Kathy and the grid goes so well in the background and also the chevron and scribbled circle images stamped over the top using that great sketch, and a wonderful ATC with that very trendy young lady prettily coloured, and the patterned paper is perfect with the added bubbles stencilling and a lovely sentiment too. Glad you enjoyed your afternoon tea and a look around Bath which is always a super place to visit. x
simple and cute ATC! Thank you for joining us at Corrosive Challenge, DT Kary.
What a wonderful treat. Your tea treats looked yummy. I love all the warm coopery tones of your card. Thanks for sharing with us at USe Your Stuff
Post a Comment