Wednesday, 1 February 2017

Welcome to What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday

Morning all,

Crikey, it's FEBRUARY already - who pinched half of January? I wasn't ready for it to be February quite yet. This year is starting to streak by, much like last year did!! 

I had a lovely day out yesterday, with a pal I met for the first time at the HLS retreat in Swindon in July of 2016, I discovered she didn't live all that far from me and we've met a few times for lunch - nice day, thanks for making the trip.

Since it's February and I had the best of intentions for making so many Christmas cards each week throughout the year ... think I managed TWO in January ...... still, I DO have a Christmas project to share with you today.

I recently went totally bonkers and spent £2.65 on 100 kraft tags and 100m of twine (!!!!) ... coming from China - a little sceptical about whether my package would even arrive but .. both did, I'm pleased to report and without incurring any penalties from U.K. customs - always something to take in to account when ordering from abroad (though with the "HIGH" value of my packages I did think I should be safe). As luck would have it - and I have to say it WAS more by luck than judgement, the tags are THE perfect size for use with a recent and now already MUCH LOVED Santa image ...... so, I set to work.

The front of my tag
The reverse of my tag
My tag and the twine I bought to use with the tags - reSULT!
Potentially 100 CUSTOM made tags each costing less than 2p
My first batch, of ten tags
Materials used:
  • Kraft Tags
  • Habico Santa image stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Posh Impressions "TO and FROM" image stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Crayola coloured pencils used to add a little colour and lightly blended with Sansodor. Crayons used: sand, pink, white, cool grey
  • Kaisercraft glitter gel pen to draw round Santa's glasses as they kinda got lost against the kraft tag



I think I may well be running up another batch of these in the near future! I simply cannot believe what a PERFECT fit that Santa is for these tags! YAY!

I'll be entering the above tag/s for the following challenges:
  1. Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge - challenge No. 318 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
  2. Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge EXTRA - February challenge - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
  3. Hiding In My Craft Room - challenge No. 286 - ANY HOLIDAY
  4. A Snowflakes Promise - challenge No. 36 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES

And now, since it IS What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday, it is time to share a little pic with you of my work space. Now, if you visit often, you will be perfectly used to seeing total CHAOS at my workdesk .. NOT SO this week. I recently took delivery of one of IKEA's Raskog carts and have had a bit of a sort out - if you're ready then ..... view on!

Make the most of it - this level of tidiness doesn't happen often!
I'll be entering this over at Julia's blog where she's hosting WOYWW #400 (milestone or what!), and I shall be entry #19. CONGRATULATIONS to Julia and my fellow "deskers"!

31 comments:

lilian said...

Great Tag Kathy, I just love that Santa.

Happy WOYWDW Lilian # 14

Sarah Brennan said...

Wow, love the new organised workspace. Thanks for visiting earlier. Sarah #18

donna garner said...

I think that is the cleanest work mat I have ever seen, even more so than the ones I have bought brand new! dxxx#20

Amanda said...

Wow, those tags look fabulous. Think it might be time for me to order that Santa lol. Had a lovely time yesterday too, can't wait for next time. Hugs, Amanda x

SARN said...

Whaaaaat? Did you hear the thump as I hit the floor in a dead faint at your beautifully tidy desk? LOL!

LOVING your Santa tags . . . like you say . . . PERFECT tag size for the stamp.

Hugs, SARN XXX

AliWade said...

Happy 400th WOYWW. I have 2 Raskog trolleys. They are so useful - and attractive too. Enjoy your clean desk. Ali x #5 currently!

Pat said...

This santa is great Kathy, and I won this set in the playground but have only used the wise men so far. This stamp looks perfect on the tags and love the shadows and highlights you have added. Your work space looks uber tidy too,and glad you had a good meet up and lunch with your crafting friend. x

Angela Radford said...

How do you get that mat so clean Kathy! I try but there is always something lurking Lol! It is a good idea though as it stops new work getting marked. I always tell myself I will make Christmas stuff during the year but then get distracted with other stuff! Well done you! Thanks for the visit to mine and happy woyww, Angela x 23

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Last of the big spenders huh?!! But you couldn't have had a more perfect result if you'd spent far more. I do love that Santa stamp, it's sort of steampunky and twinkly all wrapped up, the tags are fab :-D
Happy 400th - long may the desky madness reign supreme!
Hugs, LLJ 7 xxxx

Christine said...

Love those tags, perfect bargain. Love your desk, you made another good investment in Ikea ware.
Happy 400th and have a good week
Christine #22

jill said...

lovely Santa tags.
Happy 400th woyww Jill #41

Tracy said...

oooh I never though of looking for tags on that auction site thank you :D The tags you have made look amazing and your desk doesn't look messy enough to have created some lovely work!! Tracy #31

Julia Dunnit said...

That was my first thought Kathy - the size of the tags is just perfect, so you should be doubly smug about your purchase! Santa looks great, and such a nice useful thing to do in front of the telly now and then. Your desk is looking pristine if you ask me...trying to set me an example?!!

Sharon Koole said...

Your Santa tag is wonderful! I love that image. Sounds like a fun meet up with your friend.

Happy 400 WOYWW
Sharon K #38

Julia Dunnit said...

Just what I was going to say - what a great size tag you ordered, spot on perfect for the Santa, who looks great...and makes your Christmas pile huge already! Like the pencilled details, and perfect for in front of the telly a few at a time. Meanwhile your desk looks pristine - are you trying to set me an example!

My name is Wynneth said...

Gorgeous tags kathy, that Santa is really fabulous isn't he ? Thanks for being such a great pal and 'making' me buy a set too ha ha, so happy you did that for me Pal.

He really looks amazing on the Kraft tags, such a bargain you got for those, I'm never convinced that parcels from China will arrive and with free shipping, but haven't been disappointed yet although some do take a looooog time to arrive.

Love your tidy work desk, never seen my own look that good ! Maybe I too should invest in a Raskog if it makes work desks look that good ☺️ Keep up the good work

Luv
Wxx

glitterandglue said...

Hi Kathy. Happy 400th. Wow! I am impressed at the industry that has obviously taken place at your desk, and yet see how beautifully tidy it is! Mine looks like a bomb has just gone off - and I won't get anywhere near it until at least Saturday.... oh well! They are great tags. I'm hearing much that is positive about these craft items from China. They sound good.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #3

Helen said...

great tags, love the Santa, even if I can't think about Christmas cards during the year! have a great week, happy 400th! Helen #1

craftyani said...

More like who pinched the whole of January. Had to laugh £2.65 for all the tags bet the postage was more. Love your Santas on them. Have a good week. Ani

Kathyk said...

CRAFTYANI ... re: the comment about postage .. postage was FREE!!!

Kathyk

Bernice said...

A great tidy workspace - do IKEA send someone out to sort the things into the cart?!! - I could do with some help!
Bernice #15

Lindart said...

Cool Santa Tags!! i was hoping to join your 2 Christmas Cards a month Challenge - I am already behind by 2 cards - oh well, maybe I can catch up! Happy 400th! Thanks for sharing! Lindart #47

Neet said...

Those tags are gorgeous - I have that stamp, and I have Kraft card - never thought to marry the two like this.
Love how that Swedish guy has helped you reorganise!
Hugs, Neet 10 xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Great work, Kathy, well done!!! I love that stamp set cos it has a great wise men silhouette as I recall, is it available online I wonder, and is it dear?? Just wondering. Love the way your image first your tag so well brilliant indeedy!
Thanks for sharing your inspiration ( and exceedingly tidy space), happy WOYWW 400!
Shaz in Oz.x #12

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Anne said...

Hello Kathy I love your tags. Love my Ikea cart. Thanks for visiting. Sorry I'm late. My mum was admitted to hospital yesterday - she had gone to get results and they kept her in :-( She loves some distance away from me :-( so it's hard. There were a lot of phone calls and I felt very tired afterwards. Anne x 11

Mrs.D said...

Kathy, Happy 400th WOYWW.
Thanks for you nice comments on my page, I find sorting bits difficult because I have die cuts and embossed bits and stamped bits and inked bits and bits that have more than one modification. Colours really don't work with them.
but I'm here to comment on your page, love those tags, you are going to be well prepared for Christmas, and at such 'great cost', but I do hope you don't have to buy 100 presents to use up all those tags, very expensive Christmas if you do.
Thanks for sharing
Chris #33

Marit said...

OHMY, your desk is neat indeed! Your tags look wonderful, I admire you for being able to create something X-massy at the beginning of a year! (I always start making my cards around December 12 or even later, but I don't give it too much time to be honest...) Thanks for stopping by my desk last week, happy 400th and a hug from Holland, Marit #20

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

BJ said...

Adorable Santa Tags. Packages take an age from China, OK if you don't have a timing issue but I make sure I check where things are coming from when using Amazon now as it is jolly inconvenient for birthday presents to be late. Thanks for the visit BJ#29

Elizabeth said...

A very happy but belated 400th WOYWW, Kathy. Gorgeous tag - that Santa image is one of the best I've seen. Stunned by your uber-tidy desk though I'm sure it didn't stay that way for long. Hope you are enjoying the weekend. Elizabeth x #28

Heather said...

Wow, lucky you!! That image is an absolute perfect fit for those tags!! And, I must say, it looks amazing stamped on the kraft. I'm not a Santa person, but I would definitely use a tag like this! Thanks for playing with CHNCC2.