Wednesday, 21 June 2023

Wednesday - half way through another week ...

Morning readers, 

Welcome to my blog this morning on this, my thirteenth blogversary! My blogging and crafting has changed a lot since I started my blog .... it's open to debate whether that's for the better, or not! Certainly my life has changed in that thirteen years too, when I started it was all cutesie with lots of patterned papers and embellishments! I still have more patterned paper than I shall ever use and drawers of embellishments just sitting there, gathering dust! I see fewer people blogging these days too, but I still enjoy it, I see it as a diary of my crafting! I would however, like to thank all those who continue to visit and comment, it's much appreciated.

I've a make to share with you today ....... an Artist Trading Card, measuring just 3½" x 2½" they ae a perfect way to use up a lot of those pesky snippets we crafters accumulate! I'd had a "bit of a run" on my ATC swaps and recently produced a couple of "batches" to make up some numbers but I'm now back on my "one of a kind" ATC's ...

My finished ATC

Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippets of card in white and foiled handmade paper
  • Paper Artsy partial image (from EDY21) and Tim Holtz sentiment (from THMM113) stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
  • Sharpie pens used to colour my image
  • Using a makeup brush I applied Distress Ink in shabby shutters to the white area around my image.
  • I overlaid my Memory Box stencil (88568) and applied a further layer of the shabby shutters ink
  • Once dry, I gave my ATC panel a quick spritz of Crafters Companion Spray & Shine, to protect the water based ink

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Snippets Playground - challenge No. 456 - USE SNIPPETS
  2. Crafting Happiness - challenge No. 143 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Pammie's Inky Pinkies - challenge No. 2324 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Digi Choosday - challenge No. 24 - ANYTHING GOES
  5. Crafts Galore Encore - challenge No. 112 - ANYTHING GOES

5 comments:

Sarn said...

Ooh, look at that, another quirky little ATC. Well done on using up your snippets and congrats on your 13th blogoversary! I think most of us have changed our styles over such a long period.

Thanks for submitting your homework to the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND. Come and join me, Di & Dudley for Breakfast Club in the Treehouse. x

Pat said...

Another fun image and love the colouring Kathy, and the background spots and foiled paper make a great background on this ATC. Congratulations on your 13th Blogversary too. I will have reached my 10th later in the year, and like you I still think that blogging is the most satisfying and enjoyable way of cataloguing what we do, and in my opinion better than the alternatives. x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

ATC's are a super way of using up those snippets we all have left over from other projects and this is gorgoeus. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.
Lorraine

Di said...

Oh Kathy - this is such a fun ATC! I love the funky image and huge congratulations on your Blogaversary!

Hugs
Di xx

Mellzcraftz said...

Hey Kathy, Love this ATC creation, its something I don't do a lot of but you have defo inspired me to do more of. Thank you for sharing and Thanks for joining the challenge at Digi Choosday ! Happy Crafting! Mel x