Morning readers,
I've been AWOL for a short while .... hubby got sick at the end of November, with what started as a cold for both of us (which I quickly shook off) but developed in to pneumonia for him and then ... after playing nursemaid and housekeeper for three weeks I came down with a (far less serious) chest infection myself, a little before Christmas. As you might imagine, our Christmas totally passed us by and we would probably have been eating soup or sandwiches but for the marvellous surrogates, who plated up and delivered our Christmas "meals on wheels", and a lot of family, friends and neighbours who so generously offered to do shopping on our behalf - thank you ALL so much, you know who you are, it was so appreciated. Thankfully, I am now almost fully recovered and hubby is well on the mend too - pheww, shan't mind if we never go through something like that again, we got familiar with the doctors and nurses at our surgery and a lot of the "gates" at our local hospital too!, no complaints once we got in to the system.
Needless to say lethargy and illness took its toll on us both and I even lost my creative mojo, even suspending blog posts for a short while but .... I've a make to share with you today ....... and I'm sure you are surprised to hear that it's a small batch of Christmas cards! Me too! Well, you shouldn't be .... I got some new Christmas stash and wanted to break the seal - I was a tad surprised by the size of the word "Christmas" so broke out the 6" square card blanks - not too many of those left now!
![]() |
| My batch of three 6" x 6" cards |
![]() |
| One of my batch of 6" x 6" One Layer Cards - perfect for mailing abroad |
![]() |
| The front, back, inside and the front/back of the envelopes |
Materials used:
- Three white, 250gsm, 6" x 6" square cards and matching envelopes
- Paper Artsy sentiment (from JOFY68 - Xmas 2023 - NBUS) stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
- Paper Artsy Star (from JOFY68 - Xmas 2023 - NBUS) stamped using Versafine Clair morning mist and cheerful inks
- Paper Artsy "Merry" (from JOFY65 - from 2019) stamped using Versafine Clair tulip red ink
- "Sunburst" Twinkling H2O used to water colour my stars ... however, once the twinkly paint dried I didn't care for the effect with the grey ink so ... I took my trusty "S" thickness Faber Castell pitt pen and traced around the outer stamped edges, MUCH better!
- Crystal stickles to bling up the large worded font
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- NBUS - challenge No. 58 - USE NBUS
- Moving Along With The Times - challenge No. 162 - NEW CRAFT ITEM
- Pearly Sparkles - challenge No. 91 - CAS (Clean And Simple)
- Merry Little Christmas - challenge No. 54 - ANYTHING CHRISTMAS GOES
- Krafty Chicks - challenge No. 697 - STAMP ACT
- Word Power - challenge No. 1 - ANYTHING GOES but the sentiment MUST be the eyecatching focus
I was also a TOP PICK over at the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog, for challenge No. 53 - thanks so much peeps.








12 comments:
Good news that you & Mr K are making progress health wise.
Love this OLC with the fab festive wording. There’s a new challenge specifically to show off words - so this card would be perfect. I’ll give you a link if I can find it again!!!! X
Pleased to hear you’re both well on the way to recovery now. Great card, never too early to start on Christmas cards!
Sorry to hear you were both ill, especially over Christmas. Hope you’ll soon be fully recovered.
Beautiful CAS Christmas card Kathy. xx
Glad to hear you are both much much better, and love your starry Christmas card...great to make a batch as a start to the crafting year. Congratulations on being a top pick over at Merry Little Christmas Challenge too, and wishing you a Happy New Year, and I look forward to visiting you throughout 2024. x
Sorry you've had such an awful Christmas Kathy and glad you are on the mend ... hope you will both soon be fully recovered. You are the second case of pneumonia I have heard about today plus numerous flu-type illnesses and Covid ... i think it's been an awful time for a lot of people sadly. I am laid low with a bad cold right now but touch wood it's nothing more serious. Let's hope things look up for everyone with the New year!!
Incidentally - love your card by the way - great focal sentiment.
Pauline xx
Love the large stamps and perfect CAS cards-as you say perfect for posting over seas too.Hope you both feel better soon.Thank you for joining us at Pearly Sparkles
Carol DT x
This is the link for the word challenge Sarn mentioned ---https://wordpowerchallenge.blogspot.com/
Carol x
So glad to see you back crafting Kathy and to hear you are both on the mend. So much illness going around right now ... my hubby is headed to the doctor today for sounds like the same sort of thing ... fingers crossed they can help him.
Thanks so much for sharing this beautiful card with us in our newest challenge adventure ... Word Power. Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth,Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power
Sorry to hear you were not well over the holidays Kathy...glad to hear you are both on the mend. Thanks for joining us at Krafty Chicks Challenge this week xoxoox
Hi Kathy,
so gald you are both on the mend now and that was very wonderful of your neighbous and family to help.
Glad you got your mojo back to join us with this wonderful card.
Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L DT
I'm so sorry to hear that you two were very ill for a couple of months, Kathy. It sounds horrible and I'm glad you are both feeling more like yourselves and that you are back in the blogging saddle! I love that font on the large word Christmas and the fact that you schparkled it makes it even cooler! The stars set it off nicely. Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Stay well and Happy New Year! Hugs, Darnell
Hope you're both fully recovered now.
Great card - love the bold sentiment.
Thanks for joining us at Moving Along With the Times.
Helen x
DT
Post a Comment