Morning readers,
A birthday card to share with you today .......
Materials used:
- White, 250gsm, C6 card and matching envelope
- Card in white and pink, for my card front, insert and matting
- Snippets of card in white pink and navy
- Sizzix/Tim Holtz Alterations embossing folder which I used (with my Big Shot) to emboss my white snippet
- Unbranded image which I stamped on to white card, using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
- I used a makeup brush (kept for pink/red shades) to ink around my image panel, without inking again, to remove the starkness from the white background
- Faber Castell polychromos pencils used to colour
- MFT sentiment (from CS.794) stamped using Versafine Clair twilight ink
I'll be entering the above makes for the following challenges:-
- Can You Handle The Pressure - Jan 27th challenge - ANYTHING GOES + (optional) BIRTHDAY - MUST include Embossing folder
- Kraftin' Kimmie - challenge No. 676 - BIRTHDAY and/or SUNRISE/SUNSET with optional COLOUR PALETTE
- Colouring with Pencils - January challenge - ANYTHING GOES
- Seize the Birthday - challenge No. 276 - ANYTHING GOES + (optional) KRAFT +1 OTHER COLOUR
- Alphabet Challenge - Jan 27th challenge - "V" is for VOGUE/FASHION
![]() |
| My inked and stencilled panel |
Materials used:
- ATC blank
- Snippets of card in white and some "confetti" patterned Designer Paper
- Using a mini blender/foam pad, I applied Versafine Clair cheerful ink to the white snippet.
- I then overlaid the Aall & Create stencil (#171) before applying a further layer of the "cheerful" ink
- Creative Expressions letters ("Alpha writing") stamped using the Versafine Clair cheerful ink
- Aall & Create image (from set #171) stamped using Versafine Clair warm breeze and morning mist inks
- MFT sentiment (from CS.748 "Mini messages & more" - Oct 2023 - NBUS) stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- NBUS - challenge No. 58 - USE NBUS
- Gem of a Challenge - challenge No. 2 - ANYTHING GOES
- Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers - challenge No. 246 - "N" is for NEW
- Polkadoodles - challenge No. 4 - ANYTHING GOES











14 comments:
Two great makes. Love all the colour in the ATC
Lilian
Great card Kathy, so stylish. Love your inky ATC too.
Liz xx
Very stylish card Jathy - great fashion image, Love the funky ATC too … brilliant mix of stamping and stencilling
Pauline xx
I love your very fashionable lady and the matting and layering in navy and pink looks great Kathy, and the ATC has lots of interest with the pretty background stencilling and the added stamped script and textural elements and love the colours. x
Great birthday card with a nice layout.
Loving the inky and interesting ATC too xxx
Perfect set for our "vogue" fashion theme, love the bright colors and the textured rectangle. Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge!
What a lovely card with the added texture. Very pretty. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.
What a beautiful fashion-inspired birthday card, I like how you featured lots of white space with bold colours to create an eye-catching project. The combination of pink and purple is great, especially in form of those frames that remind me of posters. I also like the idea of adding embossing in the background of your main motif, it brings a really nice movement into your project without taking away from the main image. Thanks for joining the Alphabet challenge.
Hugs, Veronika
This is such a fun, bright ATC! Thanks for sharing at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!
Not that much to colour but beautiful result. Thanks for joining us at ‘kleuren met potloden’.
Annie DT
What a sunny and fun ATC! I love those colors together! Thank you for sharing and playing with Polkadoodles ~ Wendy
Kathy beautiful card
Thanks for join us at
kleurenmetpotloden.blogspot.com
Hope to see you again and goodluck
DT Karin
Wat een mooie kaart. Bedankt voor het meedoen aan onze challenge.
Groetjes Mirande
And a translation of Miranda's kind comment
What a beautiful card. Thank you for participating in our challenge.
Greetings Miranda
Post a Comment