Welcome to September, the month we expect autumn to kick in, you can already feel a freshness in the mornings!
I'd like to welcome my new follower Susan Hogan - nice to see you and thanks for following, Susan
In case you are wondering .... ToC? That's Table of Craftiness! ... I've been there quite a bit recently and I've a couple of makes to share with you today too. I swap ATC's with a pal on the Isle of Skye - we've been doing it for YEARS .. which made me check, we started our exchange in late 2006! CRIKEY, who knew it was that long ..... rhetorical question as I really wasn't expecting an answer from any of my readers unless one of you IS my swap buddy! We used to swap materials but that kind of got old so now we swap themes and the theme for this ATC is "COGS". I made it mixed media too, with India inks, Inktense blocks, stencilling, gel medium, doodling with gel pens - YAY! I just have to hope now, that my swap buddy likes it!
- ATC blank
- Snippet of black card, cut to ATC size (my blanks are a little flimsy on their own)
- A piece of French book text, ripped to fit and adhered to my black layer using Matte gel medium
- Dr P.H. Martins Bombay India ink in sepia applied over the book text using a baby wipe
- Using an Imagination Crafts cog stencil (MU-63) I brushed Memento tuxedo black ink through the stencil
- On to a snippet of white card I stamped the image (Stampers Anonymous CMS157 "Time Traveller") using Memento tuxedo black ink and then ripped it to fit my ATC before rubbing the same baby wipe/ink over it, to remove the starkness.
- I adhered the image to my ATC using matte gel medium
- With the Imagination Crafts stencil placed back over my earlier stencilling I applied gloss gel medium through the stencil (to add texture and shine) and set aside to dry
- Inktense blocks used to add a little colour, with the aid of a Caran d'Ache waterbrush
- Sakura white gelly roll gel pen used to doodle a llittle border
And, for my next make ..... I'm woefully short of thank you cards so ......
|And a closer view of the sparkle!|
- 12cms square white, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
- Two pieces of white card cut to 11cm and 11½cm square
- One piece of deep purple card cut to 11½cm square
- Inkadinkado image (65.32085) stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
- Stamps Anonymous sentiment (CMS155 "Simple Sayings") stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
- Alcohol markers used to colour (Copic V04 and Pro Marker Mulberry)
- Stardust stickles
- Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 379 - BLACK/WHITE+ONE (needless to say, the purple princess went with PURPLE!!!!)
- QKR Stampede - challenge No. 311 - ANYTHING GOES
- KittyBee Designs - challenge No. 126 - ANYTHING GOES + optional twist (unused) of ANIMALS
- Mod Squad - August 29th challenge - ANYTHING GOES