Morning readers,
You can certainly tell it's holiday season! Yesterday saw us meeting up with the Surrogate family, for an Indian meal, to celebrate both Christmas AND SD#1's birthday - the gang was all there and it was a lovely evening but, oh, those calories! Thank heavens it was BYO too!
I've a make to share with you today ... uses lots of those pesky snippets too
![]() |
| My ATC, measuring just 3½" x 2½" |
Materials used:
- ATC blank
- Snippets of card in navy, purple and white
- I used a makeup brush to apply Spectrum Noir crushed velvet ink to my larger white snippet, leaving the central area as a lighter cover of colour - to add interest
- Next I ran my my inked panel through my Big Shot inside a Cuttlebug "swiss dots" embossing folder
- I cut a narrow panel of purple and matted on a blue panel
- Inkadinkado floral image (from 60-30164) stamped on to my smaller white snippet using the crushed velvet ink and, whilst wet, sprinkled with WOW! clear superfine embossing powder and heat set
- I mixed the B&M light purple pearl paint with water and added to the hopper of my line paint pen before doodling a border around the image panel and matting on purple card, before attaching to my ATC using sticky dots
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- The Color Hues Challenge - challenge No. 100 - BLUE AND PURPLE
- Can You Handle The Pressure - Dec 14th challenge - ANYTHING GOES + (optional) POINSETTIAS
- Art Impressions - challenge No. 393 - TEENY TINY THINGS
- Snippets Playground - challenge No. 495 - USE SNIPPETS





9 comments:
Cone flowers are a favourite of mine and this is a really nice stamp. Great work adding the pearly border - the line pen gizmo is a new one to me - looks like a handy tool though.
Like Val above, coneflowers are a favourite of mine too. It’s a lovely ATC in a nice colour combo.
Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse for coffee & a croissant shortly. Xxx
Me three - I too love coneflowers! Amazing how much detail and work can go into an ATC - LOVE the purples!
Hugs
Di xx
WOW! just BEAUTIFUL Kathy! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Can You Handle the Pressure challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Can You Handle the Pressure Co-Owner
Love echinaceas too Kathy but sadly so do the slugs in my garden!! Super ATC, thanks for sharing at Color Hues and Merry Christmas. :)
This is lovely … I’m another lover of coneflowers and I love all the shades of purple on this xx
This is a beautifully bright ATC Kathy and in your signature colour and such a pretty Swiss Dots embossed background to the lovely coneflower. x
Cone Flowers are always a good choice and your card is just lovely. I love how you framed it with sparkle! Thanks for playing along at Color Hues and Merry Christmas.
Love your colors, and your design is wonderful! Lots of fabulous work here, thanks so much for playing along with us over at Can You Handle the Pressure, and merry Christmas! I hope we see you back again soon!!
Judy~ CYHTP DT Designer
Post a Comment