Morning readers,
Hope you are all managing to get by during this heatwave but ... boy, is it warm? What's your best tip to stay cool?
I've a make to share with you today ... an Artist Trading Card. I needed to make two with a theme of butterflies ... you can see my other one here. For a change I used embossing folders on both ATC's but they turned out quite different to one another, I do hope the recipient will like them both.
Materials used:
- ATC blank
- Snippets of card in white, orange, burnt orange (circle) and black (brick effect)
- Unbranded faux stitched nesting circle dies and unbranded faux brick die
- Chocolate Baroque butterfly (free with Craft Stamper) stamped on to a white snippet using Versafine Clair nocturne ink, once dry I fussy cut round the butterfly and then traced the inked lines with stardust stickles, for some serious sparkle!
- I ran my burnt orange snippet through my Big Shot with the faux stitched circle die and then again ran the circle through inside the Provo Craft foliage embossing folder
- The unbranded brick die was used to cut a section of "wall" using a black snippet of card
- MFT sentiment (from CS.74) stamped on to a snippet of white card using Versafine Clair nocturne ink, cut out with scissors and then mounted on to a snippet of bright orange before attaching with dimensional foam tape
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- Can You Handle The Pressure - July challenge - ANYTHING GOES (with an embossing folder) + (optional) STARS AND STRIPES
- Snippets Playground - challenge No. 536 - USE SNIPPETS
- Cardz4Galz - challenge No. 280 - FOR A FRIEND or FRIENDSHIP
- The Little Things - challenge No. 6 - ANYTHING GOES + (optional) FLAMINGO and/or ELEPHANT
- GirlzRebel - challenge No. 54 - GLITTER




7 comments:
I’m sure the recipient will love it - cuz it’s gorgeous.
Best tip for staying cool? Probably to install air con! But failing that, sit in front of a fan.
Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. See you at the paddling pool. I understand the ice cream van will be round later! There may be some hooch hidden behind the bike sheds too! xxx
Very pretty and creative ATC!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure!
Diane
{Nellies Nest}
Can You Handle The Pressure Co-Owner
Super ATCs on a butterfly theme and I'm sure the recipient will just love them. Who doesn't love a sparkly creature. As Sarn suggests in the absence of Aircon, sitting quietly in front of a fan seems to be about the only way to stay cool.. I used to enjoy going for a drive with aircon going full tilt but unfortunately my driving days are lon gone 😒
Lovely ATCs Kathy - I love the striking use of orange and black on white! Air con is certainly great in this heat - we'll be on bread and jam when the electricity bill lands though. Sigh.
Hugs
Di xx
Orange and black is a great colour combination Kathy, and the brick outline die cut and the stitched cirle work well togethr with the pretty black on white stamped butterfly..a very pretty ATC. x
Really wonderful ATC - love your butterfly and the colors!
Thanks for joining us at The Little Things!
Hugs,
Conny
I do like your beautiful, the design and colours. Our challenge at Cardz 4 Galz #280 For a Friend or Friendship, we would have loved it even more if it was evident it fit the brief. Thanks for taking the time to join in the fun, we do look forward to seeing you again. Caz. DT.
Post a Comment