Monday, 27 July 2026

Monday - another week off and running!

Morning readers,

Hope you all enjoyed another weekend of the glorious weather .. mind you, I'm not built to cope with the heat well ... and, after weeks of it I feel like I've been wrung out! Me and the gardens need a little rain and a little cooler weather - sorry! Yes, we had a little rain overnight, on Saturday, but it wasn't enough to make a difference to the parched grass.

I've a make to share with you today ... it's CAS (Clean And Simple), masculine AND monochrome - for a Chelsea supporter - my apologies if it's not the EXACT Chelsea shade but .... I did my best!

Materials used:

  • White, 250gsm, C6 card and envelope
  • Card in white and textured mid blue, for my card front, insert and matting layer
  • Snippets of card in white and mid blue, for my image and sentiment panels
  • Unbranded circle dies to to cut the 2" and 2½" circles
  • Unbranded footballer (DIY-WHO618--0894 - from Amazon - July 2026 - NBUS), MFT single word sentiment (from CS.74) and Unbranded sentiment (DIY-WHO167-5700250 - from Amazon - July 2026 - also NBUS) all stamped using Versafine Clair paradise ink
  • I cut out the birthday sentiment and used dimensional foam tape to adhere to my card front
  • Stardust stickles to add some sparkle to the football and grounding

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-

  1. NBUS - challenge No. 88 - USE NBUS
  2. A Cut above - July challenge - ANYTHING GOES WITH A DIE CUT
  3. Crafty Calendar - July challenge - BIRTHDAY
  4. Alphabet Challenge - July 24th challenge - "G" is for GAMES .. in this case FOOTBALL!
  5. Krafty Chicks - challenge No. 830 - MASCULINE


And then, of course, I had to make the matching gift tag ...


Materials used:
  • White 300gsm card
  • Unbranded faux stitched nesting circles to cut two 3" diameter circles
  • Unbranded footballer image (DIY-WHO618--0894 - from Amazon - July 2026), stamped using Versafine Clair paradise ink
  • WRMK "Crop-a-dile" used to punch a hole in my gift tag and also to set the eyelet
  • MFT sentiment (from CS.74) stamped on to a white snippet using Versafine Clair paradise ink and cut out with scissors, before attaching dimensional foam tape and attaching to my gift tag

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. The Little Things - challenge No. 6 - ANYTHING GOES + (optional) FLAMINGO / ELEPHANT
  2. Paper Rocks Scissors - challenge No. 18 - ANYTHING GOES but MUST use paper and scissors
  3. Love to Craft - challenge No. 93 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. TagalongandATC - July challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  5. Snippets Playground - challenge No. 537 - USE SNIPPETS

4 comments:

Sarn said...

Fab football card and matching tag.

Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground with the tag. See you in the treehouse later. Xxx

Liz said...

Great CAS design for a Chelsea fan, Kathy. I love the matching tag. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Calendar Challenge this month.
Liz xx

Aquarius said...

Great projects for anyone who likes football

brenda said...

Same with the rain, seemed like a nice downpour but not enough to help the plants, trees looking so sad. Great masculine card with matching tag, thanks so much for sharing with us at Tag-Along (and ATC's) challenge.

B x