Morning readers,
I hope your Christmas shopping is about done, maybe even wrapped .. your cards written and in the post. If not ... I should just point out that, in two weeks, it'll all be over for another year! That's certainly got my attention ... two weeks? How can that be? It seems like I spend all year preparing for it and then it's gone in an instant! Or is it just me? Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Christmas and I enjoy making Christmas cards all year round but it's a bit like a meal you spend hours preparing for and get eaten in no time flat! I sometimes wonder if I set myself the impossible goal of "THE perfect Christmas" .. anyone else have the same dilemma?
Anyhoo, enough of pondering the imponderable and unsolvable and on to the crafting! This is definitely NOT the fastest ATC ever made as there was quite a lot of drying time - for the gesso, ink and glue stick foiling!
I hope your Christmas shopping is about done, maybe even wrapped .. your cards written and in the post. If not ... I should just point out that, in two weeks, it'll all be over for another year! That's certainly got my attention ... two weeks? How can that be? It seems like I spend all year preparing for it and then it's gone in an instant! Or is it just me? Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Christmas and I enjoy making Christmas cards all year round but it's a bit like a meal you spend hours preparing for and get eaten in no time flat! I sometimes wonder if I set myself the impossible goal of "THE perfect Christmas" .. anyone else have the same dilemma?
Anyhoo, enough of pondering the imponderable and unsolvable and on to the crafting! This is definitely NOT the fastest ATC ever made as there was quite a lot of drying time - for the gesso, ink and glue stick foiling!
| My finished music and dance themed Artist Trading Card |
- Snippets of card in black and white + some music paper
- Having ripped a section of music paper I glued it to the white card snippet and gesso'd it
- Daler Rowney acrylic ink (genesis green which is a lovely pearlised ink giving a lovely waterproof sheen to the ATC) drizzled, spritzed and generally spread about the gesso'd piece till I was happy, set aside to dry
- Kaisercraft script and mini grid images stamped using Ranger Archival watering can
- Piano keys washi tape adhered to the stamped and inked panel
- Penny Black image (from the 12 Days of Christmas) stamped on to another white snippet using Memento tuxedo black and then coloured using copic markers before fussy cutting out and adhering to my panel
- Close to My Heart sentiment (D1523) stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
- Using a Memory Box stencil (88568) I applied a glue stick through the stencil and trying to avoid most of the sentiment and image. Once I removed the stencil, I applied silver sheet foil, pressing and burnishing firmly before leaving to dry thoroughly
- Sakura white gelly roll gel pen used to doodle corner detail on the black matting layer
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- The Happy Craft Challenge - December challenge - ANYTHING GOES - 3rd entry
- Pixie's Crafty Workshop - challenge No. 341 - USE SNIPPETS
- Through The Craft Room Door - December 11th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
- Retarte - challenge No. 134 (FINAL challenge) - ANYTHING GOES
- Incy Wincy - December 3rd challenge - CREATE YOUR OWN BACKGROUND - 2nd entry

7 comments:
Love the ATC Kathy, The image is so cute
Lilian
Oh that's ADORABLE! Love it. xxx
What a fabulous ATC Kathy and love the way you have your cute and fun lady dancing across the keys, and the foiling is so pretty too. x
Such fun! That image is one of my favourites! Lovely to see you playimg along Kathy :)
Hugs
Di xx
Your card is adorable. Thank you for joining the Incy Wincy Design Challenge.
Susan - Design Team
Wonderful ATC and I understand it took some time to do when everything has to dry.... but it was well worth the waiting. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
Ann-Marie
TTCRD DT
Annemi {My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com
How sweet!! Love this!! Thanks for joining us in our "make your own background" challenge at Incy Wincy Designs Challenge this last fornight. Hope to see you again this coming fortnight!
Hugs,
Karen C (IWD DT)
Post a Comment