Morning readers,
My mojo's been hiding in a corner for a few days so I decided not to worry about it and do something else instead ... so, there I was, watching Doctor Who (a David Tennant double about cybermen) and I was struck with the idea for the card below - hope you think it was worth it!
 |
| My card |
 |
| And a closer view of the colouring and stencilling |
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope
Materials used:
- White C6/A2, 250gsm card and matching sized envelope
- Two pieces of white card cut to fit
- One piece of amethyst pearl card (from DCWV) cut to mat
- Using a piece of scrap card (cut to C6 size) I die cut a square aperture to use as a mask
- MFT chicks (from BB-55 Birthday chicks) stamped using Memento tuxedo black (including once on to a full cover post it which I fussy cut out as a mask
- With both masks in place I applied Distress Ink in wilted violet, first just over the aperture and then again through a stencil (Tim Holtz - THMST024)
- After removing the stencil and both masks I used Pro markers to colour my image and stardust stickles to twinkle it up
- Birthday sentiment (from Art Impressions - AiCS36) stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
And now for a journal page, a couple of friends and I challenge ourselves to do a journal page per week and this week the word is "be", here's my take on it.
 |
| My journal page |
 |
| And a closer view to show detail |
Materials used:
- One page of my Crawford and Black journal (£1 from The Works) on to which I scribbled Distress Crayons in mustard seed, spiced marmalade and picked raspberry.
- I blended the colours using a baby wipe and, whilst still moist, placed a Dutchdoobadoo stencil (470.715.120 "Triangles") over the area and used the same baby wipe to knock back some of the colour.
- On a snippet of white card I stamped the image (Viva Las Vegas plate 921 "The Sideshow") using Memento tuxedo black and again on to my journal page using Ranger Archival jet black ink (for those bits too fiddly to cut out you KNOW the ones I mean!)
- Sharpies used to colour the image, which I then fussy cut out and adhered to my journal page
- Using a black Posca paint pen I doodled my border and then used a white Faber Castell pit pen (large bullet tip) to apply white to the circles, to make them stand out
- Dark Room Door sentiment (DDQD022 "Stand out") stamped using Versafine onyx black ... for colour density but, since it would take AGES to dry, I then applied clear embossing powder and heat set it!
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology chit chat self adhesive sentiment place and doodled around
And I'll be entering it for the following challenges:-
- Love2Create - challenge No. 15 - ANYTHING MIXED MEDIA GOES
- Stamplorations - December challenge - ANYTHING MIXED MEDIA GOES .. MUST use a stencil
- A Inky Mess - challenge No. 26 - ANYTHING MIXED MEDIA GOES

And, finally ..... another Christmas card, this one was QCAS (Quick, Clean And Simple) ... just can't seem to stop myself making them but (since I've written them all now) I AM working on my 2019 quota now!!!
 |
| My One Layer Card |
 |
| And a closer view of the detail |
The front, back and inside of my envelope along with the front and back of my envelope
Materials used:
- White C6/A2, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
- One piece of white card - cut to 14cm x 10cm, for the insert
- Happy Little Stampers sentiment and snowflakes (from the "Let it snow" set) stamped using Memento tuxedo black and Paris dusk inks, for the insert I used Hero Arts CL343 and the tuxedo black ink
- Stardust stickles to bling up my card
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 385 - ONE LAYER CARD - HOLIDAY theme - 2nd entry
- Retro Rubber - challenge No. 101 - HAPPY HOLIDAYS ... MUST use a stamp/s more than one year old ..... whilst the HLS stamps are new the Hero Arts sentiment is ages old ...... it was certainly in a photo of stash taken in 2014, though it MAY be even older!
- The Holly and The Ivy - challenge No. 22 - ANYTHING CHRISTMAS GOES
- Stinkin' Inkers - December 4th challenge - WINTER WONDERLAND
- Try It On Tuesday - November 27th challenge - WINTER WONDERLAND .... snow? Pretty winter-y ... IMHO!
14 comments:
Well, I'd CERTAINLY be happy if inspiration struck and I made the first card on this post!
LOVING the journal page . . . perfect image with the sentiment.
And finally . .. a LOVELY QCAS Xmas card. Perfick.
Hugs, Sarn xxx
Just gorgeous! Great projects! Thank you for joining Try It On Tuesday!
oxo Susi
Great birthday card . Love the clours on the journal page, Well done on starting next years Christmas card, Love the snowflakes,
Lilian
Thank you for sharing one of your lovely cards with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
Yvonne
Beautiful creations, Kathy. I especially love your sparkly Christmas card. xx
I love your sweet chicks with the masked and stencilled background in that complementary wilted violet, so bright and pretty Kathy. The journal page is great with the quirky image and a very apt sentiment and the snowflakes are gorgeous. I'm still making this year's cards that alone next years..lol. You've done well to get them done and posted already. I know I will be last minute as usual. x
Quick, clean and simple - just the best! Love the blue on white, one-layer card. I know you were referring to a different card but it's great to be inspired by Dr Who and especially David Tennant's Doctor! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber Challenge this week.
What a fabulous birthday card. In fact I love all your projects you showcased today. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Jo's Fun Friday. AJ DT JFF
Three fabulous projects, Kathy ! And I especially love the snowflakes one, really gorgeous design and CAS One Layer card. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Less is More.
Really love your CAS card, the blue snowflakes really sparkle against that white background.
Thank you for sharing at RETRO RUBBER, hope you play again soon.
Hugs.
I love that HLS set and I like how you've added more bling, perfect for your snowflakes. I'm still making this year's cards, I MUST start earlier next year (she says...AGAIN!) Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x
So Wonderful creations And wonderful designs!!! Love them all
Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
HUGS Cicci
TTCRD DT
Cicci With the Pen {welcome to visit and follow my blog}
What a lovely one layer card, I always struggle with those, thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber, hope to see you in the gallery again in the new year. Claire DT
wonderful projects - thanks for entering the STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge
Post a Comment