Wednesday, 31 October 2018

Welcome to Wednesday..

Morning readers,

I broke one of my cardinal rules recently .... I BOUGHT a pad of patterned paper!! YIKES, but it was so pretty!


My card
And a closer view of my image panel
  
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • White A2/C6, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • One piece of patterned paper (from The Paper Studio's Christmas 2018 stack) cut to fit
  • One piece of red card and one piece of white card, cat larger, for matting and insert
  • Snippets of card in white, black and grey - for my image panel and matting
  • Recollections snowman image (from a set too old to have a label left on it!) and Hero Arts sentiment (from CL721 Banners and messages) stamped on to my white snippet using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Kaisercraft glitter washi tape
  • Derwent Coloursoft and Prismacolour scholar pencils used to colour image
  • Stardust stickles
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge - challenge No. 409 - ANYTHING CHRISTMAS GOES
  2. Hiding In My Craft Room - challenge No. 376 - ANY HOLIDAY
  3. Crafting From The Heart - challenge No. 226 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Cards In Envy - October 15th challenge - FAVE HOLIDAY CARD - 2nd entry
  5. The Holly and The Ivy - challenge No. 39 - ANYTHING CHRISTMAS GOES - 2nd entry
And now for another "commission" make, I was asked to make a selection of cards, without words, and this is one of them ..


My card
And a closer view of the colouring
  
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • White A2/C6, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to fit
  • One piece of blue DCWV cardstock (from the Olde World stack) cut to mat
  • Snippet of white card - for my image
  • Art Impressions chicken image (AiCS40 "Spring chicken set") stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Derwent coloursoft and Prismacolour pencils used to colour
  • Once coloured I fussy cut the image
  • On the card front white panel I adhered my mask (a piece of card with a rectangular aperture cut out) using low tack tape and applied Distress Inks in weathered wood and salty ocean before overlaying the Tim Holtz stencil (THMM107) and sponging the salty ocean ink through it,
  • With the mask still in place I applied a layer of Krylon matte fixative, once dry, I removed the mask and adhered my funky chicken!
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Sisterhood of Crafters - October 24th challenge - HUMOUR - 3rd entry
  2. Simon Says Stamp - Monday challenge - TAKE FLIGHT
  3. Make My Monday - challenge No. 83 - STENCIL STORIES ... see above for details of how I used both my mask and stencil
  4. Cute 'n Crafty - challenge No. 12 - ANYTHING GOES - 3rd entry
  5. Through The Craft Room Door - October 30th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
I also found out that I was a lucky winner over at Through The Craft Room Door, thanks so much Cara and the team, its much appreciated, glad you liked my work. Which make won? see below

  

And a Top3 over at Back to Basics - I'm on a roll this week. Thanks to you too peeps, glad you liked my card below

  


15 comments:

Sarn said...

Don't worry, despite your cardinal sin, I think you'll still go to heaven!

Fabulous Xmas card (with the pretty paper) . . . and terrific sentiment-free Chicken card!

Blinkin' freeeeeeeezin' here!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Donna Walls said...

Gorgeous Cards Kathy!

Sherri Thacker said...

I'm loving your snowman card and you colored him beautifully! Thanks for joining us at Cards in Envy for our challenge.

Lillianb said...

Two great cards Mate Congratulations on your top three

lilian

Pat said...

I can see why dp appealed to you Kathy, and it goes beautifully with your cute and prettily coloured snowman, and your commission make with another fun chicken looks great with the wonderful background masking and stencilling, and also congratulations on your Winner and Top 3 spots, both well deserved. x

Darlene said...

OMG too cute Kathy! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Humorous’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

Terri's Cards N More said...

Perfect background to showcase this adorable chicken image. Thanks for joining the Sisterhood's "Humor" challenge.

sweetpea said...

Fun card. Thanks for sharing it with us at MMM challenge Janet DT

cheiron said...

Such a sweet snowman love the touch of glitter. Thank you so much for playing along with the Take Flight Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog this week!

Wei said...

Lovely snowman! Thanks for joining in the Favorite Holiday challenge at Cards In Envy. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

CuteNCrafty Mommy said...

Cute card:) Love the chicken:) Good luck on your entry!!Thank you for entering in CuteNCrafty Challenge Blog
CuteNCrafty Mommy
Facebook Page
Facebook Challenge Page
Cute N Crafty VIP Digi Stamp Club

Annemi said...

Wonderful and fun card. Love the sassy hen. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
Ann-Marie
TTCRD DT
Annemi {My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday, good luck!!! Amy DT

desperatehousewifecraft said...

Fabulous cards and congrats on your wins! Thanks for sharing it with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters and I look forward to seeing more of your awesome cards again! Hugs, Gwendolyn

Cazro said...

A brilliant fun card, I love your background stncilling. Thank you for joining us at MMM. We hope ot see you again. Caz DT.