Morning readers,
Morning readers, it's time for a new challenge over at the Love To Craft Challenge Blog, where I'm lucky enough to be a Design Team Member, it's a monthly "Anything Goes" challenge so do please feel free to pop along and perhaps have a go. Here's my make for the post - it's a 60's themed birthday card for a pal, who's birthday (coincidentally) is today so she should hopefully have received it by now. This "retro" card gave me the chance to deploy some designer paper, I don't use it often enough!
Morning readers, it's time for a new challenge over at the Love To Craft Challenge Blog, where I'm lucky enough to be a Design Team Member, it's a monthly "Anything Goes" challenge so do please feel free to pop along and perhaps have a go. Here's my make for the post - it's a 60's themed birthday card for a pal, who's birthday (coincidentally) is today so she should hopefully have received it by now. This "retro" card gave me the chance to deploy some designer paper, I don't use it often enough!
| My card |
Materials used:
- White A2/C6, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
- Two pieces of white card cut to fit
- Junkitz 00240 "Salsa Retro Squares" patterned paper cut to mat
- Snippets of card in white and chocolate and also of the Salsa Retro Squares card
- Rubber Stampede mini skirted image (3752F "Chic") stamped using Versafine onyx black ink and edging the rectangle with Memento rosebud ink
- Alcohol markers used to add just a touch of colour to the image
- Anita's dimensional gloss on her "kinky boots" and a dot of diamond stickles on both her necklace and handbag, to add a little bling
- On a snippet of white card I stamped the long rectangle (Hero Arts extra long rectangle H2925) using Memento tangelo ink
- Over the orange background I stamped the 60's squares (Inkadinkado 65.32085 "Mod fun shapes") using Memento rosebud ink before matting on chocolate brown card
- CAS-ual Fridays sentiments (WTF) stamped using Memento tuxedo black
Additionally, I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- WaterCooler Wednesday - challenge No. 210 - ALL ABOUT OCCASIONS
- Crafty Creations - challenge No. 385 - ANYTHING GOES
- Southern Girls - February 22nd challenge - GIRL POWER
- Creative Knockouts - challenge No. 287 - LOTS OF LAYERS
- Penny's Paper Crafty - challenge No. 419 - ANYTHING GOES



9 comments:
This is a fabulous card for your friend Kathy and love the dp which looks so pretty with that sassy lady and the orange stamped layer goes perfectly. At first glance I thought this was a piece of patterned paper too. x
Super retro card for your friend. Perfect.
Xxx
Great design, Kathy and the designer paper is just perfect for the image. xx
I am sure your friend will love her card, love the retro look! Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls!! - Anne DT
What a fun card and envelope! Love the snarky sentiment and cute little image!
Simply fabulous card and I am loving the layers on this wonderful card. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful creation with us at Creative Knockouts Lot's of layers challenge.
Good luck!
Tamie DT
The retro theme is well-done and really fun! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.
Great retro throwback, Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges!
Beautiful work! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations. Anna-Karin DT
Post a Comment