Monday, 27 April 2020

Monday and welcome to another week

Morning readers,

How was your socially isolated weekend? If I'm honest, I saw more of my neighbours yesterday than I have in ages! No, I didn't go visiting ... I went out for my usual walk and bumped in to nine of my neighbours! Had a chat with each one of them (appropriately distanced) in the sunshine, it was really nice - guess I'm missing the social side of my "normal" life more than I had realised. Still, at least we're all safe and well and, right now, that's way more important than being able to go to the pub or coffee shop. Take care readers, take care.

I've a mail art make to share with you today .... If I'm making cards then I usually match the envelope to the card so .. to send out a letter WITHOUT decorating the envelope seems kind of weird, so -

My C5 envelope
And a closer view of the detail
Materials used:
  • White C5 envelope
  • Full cover post it, cut to 7½ x 5 cm, to use as a mask to cover my address
  • With my mask in place I stencilled my TCW stencil (357S) using Memento rosebud ink and my Memory Box stencil (88517) using Memento grey flannel ink
  • I used a variety of stamps from the Imagination Crafts set below (12991) and Memento inks in rosebud, tangelo and grey flannel
  • Using a circle die cut as a template I drew the circles using a Faber Castell pitt pen and doodled some detail
  • Once finished I was able to remove the mask a reveal the address again, to conform with Royal Mail regulations

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Love To Craft Challenge Blog - April challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Creative Fingers - challenge No. 184 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. The Three Muses - April 22nd challenge - MAIL ART
And, whilst I had my stencils and stencil brushes out .... don't know of any purple and yellow frogs in real life but ..... you just never know!


My Artist Trading Card
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippets of leftover card in white and also Costco double sided 300gsm card
  • Stampendous frog image and sentiment (from SSC1269 "Yoga frogs") stamped using Memento tuxedo black and Versafine Clair morning mist inks
  • Stencils: TCW 357S, That's Crafty dinky stencil TC043 and Memory Box grid (88517)
  • Inks: Memento grey flannel and dandelion
  • Aldi stencil brushes
  • Faber Castell polychromos pencils

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Crazy4Challenges - challenge No. 532 - ADD A FROG
  2. CraftyCatz - challenge No. 503 - ANYTHING GOES + twist of ADD A SENTIMENT
  3. Colour Crazy - challenge No. 16 - ANYTHING (hand coloured) GOES
  4. Penny's Paper Crafty - challenge No. 469 - ANYTHING GOES
And now for a rather bright card ... following both a sketch and a theme!
My card
Initially, my card looked like this but I noticed the "HAPPY" was at a jaunty angle
Whilst it looked "OKAY" I wasn't happy
 
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • White 6" square, 250gsm card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to fit
  • One piece of PaperMill Intense red card, cut to mat
  • Snippets of card in the white and intense red - for my sentiment "fix" on the card front!
  • Stamps used: Hero Arts AC026, Inkylicious "Splodge and Splat 2011", Ranger Letter-It "Birthday"
  • Inks used: Memento dandelion, tangelo, lady bug, rosebud and Versafine Clair morning mist




I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. CASe this Sketch - challenge No. 369 - SKETCH ... see below
  2. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 418 - SCRIBBLES, Drips and Splats! - 2nd entry
  3. The Corrosive Challenge - challenge No. 4 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Aud Sentiments - challenge No. 249 -  10th Birthday so ADD A BIRTHDAY SENTIMENT
  5. Southern Girls - April 16th challenge - ANYTHING GOES

 

15 comments:

Lillianb said...

Great makes Kathy, and love the frog, you had me thinking and I had to look up and see if where were any purple and yellow frogs and there are. They are poisonous tree frogs and live in the rain forest,

Lilian

Janette said...

Love the cards and the frog is wonderful. So glad you shared with us at CraftyCatz this week.x

Vicky Hayes said...

How lovely to be able to see your neighbours for a chat, appropriately distanced Kathy. That's what we have been doing in our sociable neighbourhood too.

I love the zingy hot colours you used for your card and the way you decorated your envelope to match. Amused by Lilian's comment about your frog - who are you going to send this ATC to now??!!! Lol.

Enjoy your week,
Vicky x

Pat said...

Great mail art Liz, and absolutely adore the frog on the ATC, such a fun look, and really love the stamps and colours on the card, just perfect for the two challenges. x

indybev said...


The purple and yellow frog made me smile. Thanks!

Helen said...

Great mail art - love that frog!

Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge.

Helen x

Sarn said...

Well, if Lillian thinks this is a poisonous tree frog, please don't go licking it's back!!!!!!! Fun ATC . . .fun stamp set!

Good idea to be creative on envelopes destined to contain letters rather than cards too . . . SO rare to write a letter these days isn't it?

Good save on the final card of today's post too.

Xxx

TracyM #6773 said...

FABULOUS projects!
LOVE your frog, the purple & yellow are so pretty, the sentiment FUN! Your cards and envelopes are great too!
Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges and good luck with your entry :)

Jackie C said...

Just perfect for the Challenge!
Great project!
Fabulous that you have shared this with us here at Colour Crazy.
Good luck and we hope you will come back again! Jackie DT Member xxx

Jackie C said...

Another smasher!
Just perfect for the Challenge!
Great project!
Fabulous that you have shared this with us here at Colour Crazy.
Good luck and we hope you will come back again! Jackie DT Member xxx

Gerrina said...

Oh wow that is a great way to make a card for the LIM challenge! Love the colours you used!
I scrolled a bit and got so inspired by what you make; so glad to see the different techniques and styles you use! I'm of and will be enjoying myself making something again... Hugs, Gerrina

Irena Stefanova said...

Crafting is a great way to 'lose yourself' for a while during these distressing times, the cards you've made are beautiful. That's such a pretty frog image, coloured beautifully. Thanks for entering your wonderful creation at Love To Craft Challenge.
Irena DT

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Your blog post is jam packed with beautiful inspiration as always Kathy. It is wonderful to see so many different projects. The mail art is so cool with all the layers, the ATC is a little cutie and your coordinated card and envelope with the artsy swipes and splats is superb. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More xx

Neets B said...

So many fabulous projects and your use of your stash combinations always inspires me. Loving the bright red and yellow. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

Margo said...

These are so beautiful ! Thank you for joining us at Colour Crazy Craft Challenge this week and good luck with your entry !
Greetz
Margo DT