Saturday, 4 April 2020

Woo Hoo Saturday .. will there be virtual BBQ's?

Morning readers,

Hope the social distancing/isolation is working for you, go on, own up ... how many of you have tackled something you'd been putting off "till you'd more time"? I've been cleaning windows this week!!!

The weather's been lovely the last few days so there might even be a BBQ here at the Purple Palace this weekend, it'll feel like we're doing something different and that'll work! A change is as good as a rest ... so they say!

I've a make to share with you today .... this started life as a make for a challenge with the theme of "LIGHTS" ... I was rummaging and came across this set and - BAZINGA, I was distracted! How EASILY that happens these days?!??! Am I alone in finding this?
My card
And a view showing the sparkle
 
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • White 5" x 7", 300gsm card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to fit
  • One piece of textured red card, cut to mat
  • Paper Artsy images (from JOFY65) stamped using Versfine Clair nocturne, morning mist and tulip red inks
  • Copic markers Y08, BG15 and B05 used to colour
  • Wink of Stella clear glitter gel brush pen and stardust stickles, used to twinkle and bling up the image

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Fezziwigs Festive Frolics - March 26th challenge - ANYTHING FESTIVE GOES
  2. The Holly and Ivy - challenge No. 68 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
  3. Merry Little Christmas Challenge - April challenge - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
  4. Christmas Cards All Year Round - April challenge - SNOW BUDDIES OR ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
  5. Addicted to Stamps & More - challenge No. 383 - HOLIDAY

 
And now for an Artist Trading Coin, rather like buses, I don't make one for ages and then two come along at once (one yesterday and another today)!!


My Artist Trading Coin
Materials used:
  • Snippets of card in white, purple and cream
  • Nesting dies used to cut the 2½" and 2¼" circles
  • On the cream snippet I applied Ranger Archival inks in vibrant fuchsia and majestic violet inks, using a makeup brush
  • With a Tim Holtz stencil (THS002 "Bubble") over the inked panel I applied more vibrant fuchsia and then, replacing the stencil with another (THS004 "Stripes") and inking randomly with the majestic violet
  • Hero Arts foliage (from CL477 "Delicate leaf clusters") stamped using Versafine Clair purple delight ink and the smaller spray from the same set with Versafine Clair morning mist ink
  • Kaisercraft sentiment (from "Botanica") stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
  • White Posca paint pen used to doodle a border on the purple matted layer

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Friendship Challenge - challenge No. 52 - SOMETHING ROUND
  2. Creative Fingers - challenge No. 183 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Southern Girls - April 2nd challenge - ANYTHING GOES
STAY SAFE PEEPS

12 comments:

theras kartenblog said...

Wonderful! I like the saying and the colours so much.
Thanks for playing along with us at Friendship Challenge.
Good luck and all the best!
Ilse (thera)

Sarn said...

WOW . . . I absolutely adore both of today's makes. The JOFY Xmas set is fabulous (and will have to go on my wishlist) and the ATC is an inkylicious stunner. Top job!

Happy Saturday xxx

Lillianb said...

Love both makes Kathy, and the saying on the coin, great stars as well

Lilian

Pat said...

A pretty PA image and love those sparkly stars Kathy, and then the beautiful HA leaves which I really love for the ATCoin, and a great stencilled background too. Two wonderful creations. Enjoy your barbecue. x

Jackie C said...

This has come together beautifully!
Great project!
Fabulous that you have shared this with us here at The Holly & The Ivy.
Good luck hun and do come back again!
Jackie DT @ TH&TI

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh your card is super, I love how you have done the envelope and inside as well. Love this coin, It looks super. I too have been cleaning windows. Perfect excuse to get a huge spring clean done, hope you are safe and well. Thanks for sharing with me over on FEzziwigs Festive Frolics, Hazel xx

Anna M. said...

What a beautiful creation -- a wonderful outcome to your distraction!

Thank you and we hope you will join us again in the next ATSM Challenge!.

Anna – Design Team member at Addicted to Stamps and More

Visit my blog - Crafty Anna Studio.
You can also find me on Instagram - CraftyAnna Studio
Thank you!

BrendaB said...

Love this card - great sparkle on the stars! Thanks for joining us at Merry Little Christmas challenges

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt aus Alsdorf said...

Such a wonderful card.
Thanks for joining us at Friendship
Hugs Anja

Heike said...

Ein sehr schönes Werk. Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme bei den Friendships.

LG Heike

Kathyk said...

And the translation of Heike's comment is:

A very nice work. Thank you for participating in the Friendships.


Kathyk

Deanne Saunders said...

Beautiful!! Thank-you so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR 'ROUND challenge. Hope to see your beautiful creations in our next challenge!! 😊 Have a happy crafty day!!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper