Saturday, 25 July 2020

Saturday and it's Rudolph Day

Morning readers, 

Had a busy day yesterday, more like the old normal ... walk in the morning, coffee with a pal, video chat with friends and then pals dropped in for drinks late afternoon - so nice.

I've a make to share with you today .......
My Rudolph Day card
 
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope
You may JUST be able to see the "hint of blue" circle behind the snowflake
Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to fit
  • One piece on PaperMill intense red card, cut to mat
  • Snippet of leftover card from which I die cut a circle very slightly larger than my snowflake, to use as a mask
  • Me and my big ideas snowflake (CSK-01) stamped using Versafine Clair twilight ink
  • Craft Emotions sentiment (from 130501/1813 Handletter Christmas words) stamped using Versafine Clair morning mist ink
  • Once the inks were dry I taped my mask over snowflake and, using a makeup brush, I applied Memento Bahama blue ink
  • Stardust stickles to bling up the snowflake

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. The Holly and Ivy - challenge No. 75 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
  2. The Paper Girls - challenge No. 204 - CHRISTMAS IN JULY
  3. Scraps of Life - July Rudolph Day - CHRISTMAS PROJECT
  4. TCP - challenge No. 370 - CHRISTMAS IN JULY
  5. Ike's World - challenge No. 134 - ANYTHING GOES + (optional) CHRISTMAS IN JULY

And a little mail art-fest ......


My three envelopes
Materials used:
  • C5 and DL envelopes
  • Post-its, to mask off the address area
  • Makeup brush
  • Stamps used: StudioLight SL408
  • Stencils used: Carabelle TE60055, Memory Box 88505 and Dylusions DYS52364
  • Inks used: Memento Paris dusk and Versafine Clair twilight


12 comments:

Sarn said...

Wow . . Wonderful mail art. You're so good at that.

Nice CAS Christmas make too. Could just about see the pale blue background when I peered closely at the screen.

Happy Saturday xxx

mamapez5 said...

What a lovely snowflake stamp, and I love the card you have made with it. Kate x

scrappymo! said...

Your snowflake card is so pretty. The sentiment here is fabulous, Kathy. I think it steals the show!!!

Thanks for taking part in the July Ruduolph Days Challenge.

Jenny L said...

Hi Kathy,
Happy Rudolf Days.
What a very gorgeous stamped design and I love that snowflake and the lovely glitz your have used on it.
As always you finish off that lovely design with matching envelopes too.
Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful snowflake design.

Sall said...

I think envious is the word here, this is so elegant and beautiful Thank you for taking the time to join in with our challenge and sharing your creativity with us, I love to see your talent, creativity and imagination at work. I hope to see more of your creativity in the near future. Love 'n' hugs Sall IkesWorld Challenges DT

Pat said...

I love your large snowflake and sentiment and the blue/grey/red is very elegant Kathy and love the touch of glitter and the soft blue in the background, also your mail art looks great with a wonderful mix of stamps and stencils. x

Alizabethy said...

The card and envelopes are stunning!

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Beautiful card Thank you for joining us at Ike's World Challenges. Good luck Ginny DT for
Ike'sWorld challenge
My Blog As I do Rodos

Anonymous said...

A very striking Christmas card, i love the pop of red in the border but how fabulous that you decorated the envelopes! Thank you so much for sharing your lovely holiday creation with the Rudolph Days Challenge!
Linda, DT

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A fantastic snowflake card and I love your mail art too.

Sue xx

Borqna said...

Lovely Christmas card!
Thank you for sharing at the Ike's World Challenges!
Good luck!
DT Borqna