Wednesday, 1 July 2020

Wednesday ... not long till the weekend, if we can just hang in there!

Morning readers, 

Welcome to July! Wonder what will unfold this month, honestly, if you'd told me in February that it would be mid July before my next hair appointment I would hardly have believed you, and yet ....

One of my favourite things to do is to layer up stamps  though it has to be said I generally use Memento dewdrops in dandelion, tangelo and rosebud so today's make is a bit of a departure though it DOES still use tangelo! And here it is ....
My Artist Trading COIN
Materials used:
  • Snippets of leftover card in pearlised blue and white
  • Nesting dies used to cut my 2½" and 2¼" circles
  • Stamps Used: Studiolight SL340 and SL362, Paper Artsy HPXT03
  • Inks Used: Memento Bahama blue and tangelo, Ranger Archival cobalt blue, Versafine Clair morning mist and nocturne
  • White Signo Uniball gel pen, used to doodle the dotty border on my blue matting layer

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Pixie's Crafty Workshop - challenge No. 381 - USE SNIPPETS
  2. Crafty Cardmakers - challenge No. 260 - CREATE YOUR OWN BACKGROUND
  3. Ike's World - challenge No. 133 - "R" is for ROUND or DOTS
  4. Through The Craft Room Door - June 30th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  5. Arty Divas - challenge No. 25 - ANYTHING GOES
And now for a sympathy card, no crafter LIKES to make them but, frankly, we all use them - I like to make them when I don't actually NEED them and had recently used up a few and, along with selling a couple, found myself needing to build up supplies again. Hopefully, my current stock levels should tide me over for a while.
My card
 
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of  my envelope

Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to fit
  • One piece of black card, cut to mat with a narrow margin
  • PRS feather stamped using Versafine Clair morning mist and splat stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne inks (both from their "DIY" stamp set)
  • TCP sentiment (from S.5845-CL) stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink

I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:-
  1. Pammie's Inky Pinkies - challenge No. 2026 - CAS (Clean And Simple)
  2. Dream Valley Challenges - challenge No. 228 - ALL OCCASIONS
  3. Tuesday Throwdown - challenge No. 460 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Crafty Sentiments - June 30th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  5. Lemon Shortbread - challenge No. 123 - ANYTHING GOES
I was picked as a TOP5 over at Try It On Tuesday for their masculine challenge - thanks so much peeps, isn't it fab when you realise people like your makes? See my entry below

And, on a roll this week, I was picked as a winner over at the Holly and Ivy Challenge for their challenge No. 74 - see my entry below
 

Regular readers will know that I go out for a daily walk as part of a fitness and weight loss programme. I've often shared photos whilst out for my walk but not for a short while now - time for a quick update though. Since starting my daily walks and changing my eating habits I'm proud to have lost a little over 16kgs - woo hoo! I've also discovered some lovely walks and gotten in to a routine of meeting people doing the same as me .. and even having socially distanced chats as we've progressed from "Morning" through "nice day" to "where you headed this morning" and beyond! It's lovely. I've still a way to go on the weight loss front so I imagine we're about to hit the realm of "so, where do you think you might take your next holiday" soon! And, truthfully, I wonder what the answer might be .... Anyhoo, I've a little slice of history to share with you this morning ... I saw this yesterday, plainly not been in use for a while though.

12 comments:

Sarn said...

Congrats on being a Top Pick and also a winner.

LOVE that inky MM ATCoin and you've also made a rather splendid sympathy card.

Great picture of the unused pump too.

AND . . . last, but certainly not least . . . congrats on losing 16kgs. I'm glad all your lifestyle changes are proving favourable.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Glenda Atkins said...

Love the colours you choose and the use of snippets to create your background. Loving the SMILE word sentiment too. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers "Create Your Own Background' challenge. Have a great week!
hugs
Glenda

Pat said...

I love the look of the blue and orange with the SL stamps on the ATCoin Kathy and some lovely doodling round the edge too, and the sympathy card with the two feathers is perfect. Congrats on your Top 5 placement and also winning over at THAIC. Your gentleman with the umbrella always seems to come up trumps, and that cute snowman would melt anyone's heart. Finally how wonderful to have lost all that weight since commencing on your keep fit regime. I think hubby and I have lost a little weight due to not eating out for three months, although we have had one or two naughty snacky treats at home. x

Lori m said...

Fantastic background and round card, amazing layered colors and design, thank you for playing along over at IKE's World Challenges, hugs, Lori m

Claire said...

Congratulations on being a top pick
The card is gorgeous, I love the CAS
Claire
Mrs H's Crafty Corner

Sall said...

Beautiful sympathy card and well done with the walking, I really miss walking but am hopeful we may get there again soon. Thank you for taking the time to join in with our challenge and sharing your creativity with us, I love to see your talent, creativity and imagination at work. I hope to see more of your creativity in the near future. Love 'n' hugs Sall IkesWorld Challenges DT

Borqna said...

Happy 4th of July !
So gorgeous! I love the CAS.
Thank you for coming to play at IKEsWORLD Challenges.

ike said...

Super. LUV the layering of the stamps :-)
Thank you for coming to play at IKEsWORLD Challenges.
Hugz
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

J said...

Great card - Thank you for joining in with my challenge at Crafty Cardmakers this time.

Jackie

Di said...

I love how you can take a selection of stamps and come up with a teeny work of art like your ATC coin Kathy! Wonderful work and so detailed. And your other cards are super as well. Brilliant work on the weight loss! Go you.

Hugs

Di xx

crafty said...

Lovely colour. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Cardmakers make your own background challenge.
Mary

Deanne Saunders said...

Lovely!! Thank-you so much for participating in our LEMON SHORTBREAD challenge. Hope to see your beautiful creations in our next challenge!! 😊 Have a happy crafty day!!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper