Morning readers,
Well, a momentous day today ... July 4th ... it's Independence Day in the U.S. and, for many, in the UK too!! With the re-opening of many more businesses following what feels like MONTHS of lockdown. I totally get why we had to go through it. Frankly, I won't be rushing to the pub or restaurant. I am, however, really looking forward to a hair appointment on the 16th! Woo Hoo. Will you be dashing off to somewhere this weekend? If so then ... stay safe and I hope the weather won't spoil any plans for you.
I've a make to share with you today .......
Materials used:Well, a momentous day today ... July 4th ... it's Independence Day in the U.S. and, for many, in the UK too!! With the re-opening of many more businesses following what feels like MONTHS of lockdown. I totally get why we had to go through it. Frankly, I won't be rushing to the pub or restaurant. I am, however, really looking forward to a hair appointment on the 16th! Woo Hoo. Will you be dashing off to somewhere this weekend? If so then ... stay safe and I hope the weather won't spoil any plans for you.
I've a make to share with you today .......
- White C6/A2, 250gsm card and matching sized envelope
- Two pieces of white card cut to fit
- One piece of yellow card, cut to mat
- Using a hand made circles mask I applied Memento dandelion ink to my masked circle, using a makeup brush
- Honeydoo circles stencil placed over my mask through which I applied Memento rosebud ink using another makeup brush
- Uniko sentiment (Anniversaire Art Decoratif) stamped using Versafine Clair morning mist (grey) ink .... I had thought about adding a flourish of some description at this point but decided that Less really IS more!!!
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
And now, for one of those cards we card makers hate to make ..... I try to make some when I don't actually need them - less traumatic that way. I intended to just make a couple but then found myself on a roll making them - hopefully, I shouldn't need to make more for a while.
Materials used:
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 423 - COLOUR CHALLENGE - see below
- QKR Stampede - challenge No. 401 - ANYTHING GOES
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - challenge No. 139 - CIRCLES
- Scrapping4fun - challenge No. 170 - BIRTHDAY
- Cute Card Thursday - challenge No. 641 - ANYTHING GOES

And now, for one of those cards we card makers hate to make ..... I try to make some when I don't actually need them - less traumatic that way. I intended to just make a couple but then found myself on a roll making them - hopefully, I shouldn't need to make more for a while.
![]() |
| My card |
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope
Materials used:
- White C6/A2, 250gsm card and matching sized envelope
- Two pieces of white card cut to fit
- One piece of black card, cut to fit with a very narrow border
- Dark Room Door sentiment (from DDRS066 "String Sentiments" stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne and morning mist inks
- Clearly Inspired floral spray (from LCS100 "brush flowers") stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne (for the insert and envelope front I used second impressions, in case there was a need to write over the image)
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- Three Muses - July 1st challenge - WHITE SPACE
- CardzTV - challenge No. 118 - ANYTHING GOES
- Creative Fingers - challenge No. 189 - ANYTHING GOES
- Pattie's Creations - challenge No. 172 - ANYTHING GOES









21 comments:
Great cards Kathy. Have a nice and safe weekend, Ankie
great cards, fab inkblending
Two super cards. Love how CAS you kept both of them. Just perfect.
Hugs, Sarn xxx
What pretty images! Thanks for joining us at Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge.
Pattie
Artist & Owner
Lovely cards Kathy, your With Sympathy card is just so right. The first card is simply gorgeous with all that stencilling and colour layering. Today I stayed home, what's the rush? I did get a visit from a friend I live alone and she decided we could be each others extended household thingie. x
Great cards, Kathy. We're not in a rush to go to a pub or restaurant either, but I am looking forward to my hair appointment on Tuesday. I never thought I'd see the day when I'd prefer a hair appointment than being taken out for a meal! xx
I love the design based on circles Kathy, and the Honeydoo stencil is great, and then the silhouette flowers are perfect for the sympathy card. x
Beautiful card and envelope! Love the design.
Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges
Rachelle DT
https://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com
Love these. And yeah, think I'll be staying in for a little longer too. Thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday. Hugz Andrea.x
Oh these are fabulous! I love your evocative style. Unfortunately, we don't accept cards in our Main Challenges at More Than Words - we only accept them in our Mini Challenges wjich start on the 16th of each month. We'd love to see you join us there! Thanks for sharing with us :)
Have now removed my entry
Kathyk
Lovely card!
Eivor
DT member at Stampers Delights
Hi kathy
Your circles look gorgeous, on this beautiful card
Thank you for joining us at the crafty Friends challenge
Beautiful white spaces, both!
Elegant, clever and classy!
Bravo Kathy!
Hi Kathy! Your card using our colours is stunning. So soft and subtle. The use of the stencil was perfect :) Thanks so much for playing along at Less is More xx
You've made beautiful CAS birthday card. Thank you for joining us at Scrapping4fun Challenges. Irena DT
Love how you've used the Encircle stencil within another circle, really effective. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More. I certainly didn't go rushing off to the pub last weekend, Torquay pubs aren't great now on a Saturday night, and certainly not when everyone is celebrating their freedom! But we did go to a very quiet pub for lunch on Thursday which was lovely, and all very safe and sensible. And I have a hair appointment booked for 19th..hoorah! x
Thanks for joining our Circles challenge theme - your card is gorgeous. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon.
Diane Louise (Team Leader, Crafty Friends Challenge Blog) xx
Your LIM card looks so sunny! Love it!
I don't get those people that stayd in such a long time and go crazy now or some don't do crazy, but act like everything is normal. What about all the people that got sick? Or died or still are in therapy to get a bit strength back? Glad to reed in your posts we think alike! Hugs, Gerrina
Lovely CAS card, Thank you for joining us at
Pattie's Creations Design Challenge.
Thanks for playing along at Crafty Friends with your gorgeous card! Hugs Ela DT
Post a Comment