Morning readers,
Well, we made it to September ... not entirely sure what happened to the months between February and now but ..... fingers crossed for onwards and upwards so to speak - stay well readers and followers.
I've a make to share with you today .......
I've a make to share with you today .......
![]() |
| My card |
![]() |
| And a closer view of the foiling on my bee |
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope
Materials used:
- White C6/A2, 250gsm card and matching sized envelope
- Two pieces of white card cut to fit
- One piece of pearl gold card, cut to mat
- Using a makeup brush I applied Memento canteloupe ink to the lower right hand corner of my panel, placing my Dutchdoobadoo stencil ("chicken wire" 470.715.001) over the corner I applied more canteloupe ink
- TCP sentiment (from S.5845.CL) stamped using Versafine Clair morning mist ink
- Versafine Clair nocturne ink used to stamp my C-ArtUS image (small bee) before liberally sprinkling with Judikins "sticky stuff" which I then heat set and, whilst still warm, applied a sheet of gold foil ... burnishing firmly with my fingers - it gives a lovely grungey foiling effect
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- Crafty Cardmakers - challenge No. 262 - THINGS WITH WINGS
- Through The Craft Room Door - September 1st challenge - ANYTHING GOES
- QKR Stampede - challenge No. 403 - ANYTHING GOES
- Crafts Galore Encore - September challenge - ANYTHING GOES
And a little Artist Trading Card .. I recently discovered the "chalkboard" technique as it was a theme for a challenge I like to enter so ... never one NOT to flog a technique to death - I thought I'd have another go!
![]() |
| My ATC showing the shine of the foiling too |
![]() |
| This pic shows the detail a little better - less of the shine! |
Materials used:
- ATC blank
- Snippets of leftover card in black and Kraft
- On the Kraft card I stamped the Carabelle washi tape border (from SA60118) using Versafine onyx black ink
- On the black card snippet I applied Brilliance pearlescent white ink, using a mini blender, for the "chalkboard" effect
- Stamplorations sentiment (from "Noteworthy") stamped using the Brilliance pearlescent white ink and then heat embossed with "Heat It Up" clear embossing powder
- Penny Black Iris image (from "Allegro") stamped using Versafine onyx black ink, sprinkled with Judikins "sticky stuff" and heat embossed. Whilst still sticky I burnished a combination of pink and silver foil, using my fingers
- The Paper Girls - challenge No. 206 - EMBOSS LIKE A BOSS!
- Arty Divas - challenge No. 29 - ANYTHING GOES
- Lemon Shortbread - challenge No. 127 - ANYTHING GOES
- A Bit More Time To Craft - challenge No. 123 - ANYTHING GOES
For a spot of variety on my walks ... hubby drops me adjacent to Tesco's when he goes shopping and I get to walk home ... it's not quite three miles so I add the odd detour in, to make it up!
![]() |
| The Nature Trail, not been this particular way before |
![]() |
| And today's detour to make up mileage was around this park - such a lovely day! |












6 comments:
I adore the bee card.
The chalk board technique on the ATC looks great too.
Have a great day.
Hugs, Sarn xxx
I love that sweet little bee Kathy and the honeycomb background goes beautifully, also the chalkboard effect on the ATC using the pretty iris looks great. Another good long walk and in the sunshine too. x
What a wonderful CAS card, love the bee and the glistening effect on the bee makes it extra special. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers #Things With Wings" challenge. Love the inside of the card and envelope too!
Gorgeous scenes, making the most of the last couple of sunny days good call. Love your bee card ideal for a get well soon wish, and your atc is another great example of the chalk board. X
Lovely card. Thank you for joining our things with wings challenge at Crafty Cardmakers this week. Hope to see your lovely art work back here again soon. Judy DT
Thank you for sharing your cute bee card and envelope with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” September Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon!
Carole x DT Craftilicious Creations
Post a Comment