Wednesday, 23 September 2020

It's Wednesday - the week's half over!

Morning readers, 

I recently bought some new stash and, as most people do, I could hardly wait to get cracking .... I thought I would make two projects in tandem and see how different I could make them look - only you can tell me if I succeeded!

Here's my first make to share with you today .......

My Card

 
The Front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to fit
  • One piece of hot pink card, cut to mat
  • Snippets of leftover card in white and hot pink, for my image and sentiment panel
  • I ran one of my white card panels and my new Aall & Create stencil (#105) through my big shot with the embossing mat - first time I ever used the embossing mat too!, to get the embossed panel
  • Aall & Create triangles image (set #376 also NBUS) stamped on to a white snippet using Memento grey flannel ink
  • Using a makeup brush I applied Memento rosebud to the white card panel and to another white snippet - intended for my sentiment panel)
  • Sundays International coneflower image stamped using Versafine Clair charming pink ink
  • HLS sentiment (from "wish you were here") stamped using Versafine Clair morning mist ink
  • Stardust stickles to bling up the flower but ... only glue came out so I sprinkled glamour dust instead .... and threw the remaining stickles in the bin as this is not the first time this has happened to this pot of stickles, darn it!

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. NBUS - challenge No. 18 - USE NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff)
  2. Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - challenge No. 142 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Dragonfly Dreams - September challenge - BIRTHDAY
  4. Crafty Sentiments - September 22nd challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  5. Retro Rubber - challenge No. 144 - ANYTHING GOES (MUST use stamps more than one year old) HLS sentiment from October 2018 and the Sundays International image is even older
 


And now for the second item, an Artist Trading Card using the same base image ....


My Artist Trading Card

Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippets of leftover card in black and white
  • On the white snippet I used the Aall & Create triangles image (set #376) and the Memento grey flannel ink - exactly as per example number one
  • Aall & Create images from set #372 stamped using Memento ladybug, Paris dusk and Verafine Clair nocturne inks
  • Stamplorations sentiment (from "Noteworthy") stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
  • Once my ATC was assembled I used a white Tsukineko gelly roll gel pen to doodle a border on the black matting layer

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Crafting Happiness - challenge No. 67 - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Lemon Shortbread - challenge No. 129 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Try It On Tuesday - September 15th challenge - USE YOUR SCRAPS
  4. Through The Craft Room Door - September 22nd challenge - ANYTHING GOES
And I found out that I won over at Crafty Sentiments, thanks so much peeps

  

Went shopping with a pal yesterday, NOT the afternoon planned ... it started reasonably well but ..... thanks to pedestrianisation it wasn't the easiest route to get where we planned to park, then we had to wait in line for ten minutes .... to get IN to a car park that wasn't full! My pal wanted to get some jewellery repaired so we headed off to said jewellers - having first checked their website for opening hours ... only to find them closed for the week! Arrggghhh, never mind, we'll have a little wander about, a cup of coffee and a quesadilla - returning to the car very SLIGHTLY over two hours after parking only to find it was going to cost £9.50!!! Didn't want to buy shares in the car park! Turning out of the car park we discovered we couldn't go the way we wanted so had the (VERY) scenic tour in order to return to the motorway!! No wonder the city shopping area is suffering! Still, the coffee WAS nice, the quesadilla too, we met a lovely chap who sold my friend a super pair of earrings AND we didn't get wet .... so, not all bad!



13 comments:

Sarn said...

First - congrats on your win.

Secondly - I'm so glad you didn't get wet on top of your slightly disappointing trip. £9.50 for just over 2 hours parking is, frankly, a rip off!

LOVE both your new stash makes . . . and they are very different.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful CAS card love the stencilled background ,stamps and hot pink.Thank you for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams.
Carol DT x
Congrats on your win and love the ATC too
Carol x

Pat said...

Great new stash Kathy and love your card and ATC and congratulations on your win..that gentleman with his umbrella is loved by all...a well deserved win. Sorry you had a rather expensive parking experience but good to get out with your friend and coffee and yummy food as a compensation. A few years back we parked in the city and didn't check how much it was going to be and being there for several hours the cost was astronomic. Needless to say we haven't done that since. x

Lillianb said...

Great card Kathy and the ATC I always wonder how you get so much on such a small area,

Say well,

Lilian

Joy Wilson said...

I just love your creations! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. I hope join us again real soon!
Hugs, Joy
Joyfully Stamps
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

Jane Willis said...

Two gorgeous creations - and what an afternoon you had!
Jane
GD at Retro Rubber

Suze said...

Your two makes are really different - had to scroll back up to the first one to check it was the same image! Your parking fees are worse than ours and ours are bad enough. I tend to go to the malls which don't generally charge parking fees - or catch a bus as that works out cheaper if I'm going to be there for a while. Thank you for entering the Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.

Liz said...

Two super creations, Kathy. What a ripoff with the car parking fees! That's why we rarely go into town now, except on a Sunday where we know someone we can park for free and walk around the beautiful harbour area. xx

Maria Nicotra Tinyworks said...

Thank you for joining us at the Crafty Sentiments Designs DT Maria

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Love this cheerful birthday card, the pink you used make this images pop of the page.
And your ATC is gorgeous, beautifully done/.
Thank you for sharing at RETRO RUBBER.
Hugs.
Maria/DT

Lori Podolsky said...

Truly lovely creations, Kathy! Glad you are playing along with us on the Lemon Shortbread Challenge Blog. Good luck with your entry, and hope to see you again.
Hugs, Lori xx (DT at Lemon Shortbread)

Marjut said...

Great card.Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday.

Let's Art Journal said...

Such beautiful makes and it looks like you had fun using your new carrying goodies! The ATC looks fabulous with the scrappy bits that you added 😀. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! Hugs, Jo x