Monday, 28 September 2020

Monday and the closing week of September begins

Morning readers, 

I trust you had a good weekend and I hope that you all remain well and germ free, take care out there.

I've a make to share with you today .......

My card

 
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to fit
  • One piece of grey card, cut to mat
  • Using the Heffy Doodle circle mask/stencil I applied Memento ladybug ink which I applied with a makeup brush.
  • I then added the Imagination Crafts random circles stencil and applied the ladybug ink again before swapping it out for the Stamposaurus random rectangle stencil which I used for just a "hint" of extra texture with the same ladybug ink
  • TCP sentiment (S.5845.CL) stamped using Versafine Clair charming pink ink
  • Sunshine Designs image (SD078) stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
  • Unicorn stickles used to bling up the image

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. CardzTV - challenge No. 124 - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Creative Fingers - challenge No. 193 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Krafty Chicks - challenge No. 526 - ALL OCCASIONS
  4. TGIF - challenge No. 283 - INK BLENDING


There was something niggling me about my entry for LIM on Saturday so I thought I would have another go .....

My card
 
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • White 15cm square, 300gsm card and matching sized envelope
  • One piece of card cut to fit, for insert
  • Snippet of card from which I die cut a square, to use as a mask
  • Tim Holtz image (from THMB028 "wine") stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink, including one impression on to a full cover post it which I then cut out to use as a mask
  • With both of my masks in place and using a makeup brush and my new Funky Fossil stencil (make your mark III - NBUS) I applied Memento ladybug ink to the stone work and honeycomb sections of the stencil
  • RubberNecker sentiment ("Wine flies" - 640-01) stamped using Versafine Clair morning mist ink
  • Faber Castel polychromos pencils used to colour my image
  • Finally, I felt the edge of my panel needed some definition so I took my Faber Castell pitt pen and doodled a border




I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 429 - CHEERS and it's a ONE LAYER CARD WEEK
  2. NBUS - challenge No. 18 - USE NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff)
  3. Gem of a challenge - challenge No. 20 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Colour Crazy Challenge - challenge No. 38 - ANYTHING HAND COLOURED GOES
  5. Cardz4Galz - challenge No. 131 - ONE LAYER
 


Found a new (to me) place yesterday, a lovely little wood, and so close to the ring road too!





10 comments:

Sarn said...

Two super looking cards.

Fab looking wood to walk in . . . A great find.

Xxx

Lillianb said...

Two great cards Kathy and a lovey walk in the woods,

Take care

Lilian

Liz said...

Two fabulous cards, Kathy. I especially love the first one. xx

Zoechaos said...

Yes it really does feel that this year is starting to wind down, but that just means that spring is on the way! love these cards, the layers on the first one are delicious! Have a good week x

Pat said...

I love your first card with the masked circle and the ladybug ink is very bright and pretty used for the background and stencilling, and the flower/seed head image looks great over the top, and your second entry for the LIM Challenge is brilliant with that super sentiment and some lovely doodling too. Thanks for the photos and an interesting walk through the wood..it is great you are still finding new places to walk. x

Tami Hewlett said...

Wow! Brilliant idea to add stenciling over the blended background. That's so pretty!!! Thanks for joining TGIF Challenges ths week.

Billie A said...

Two cute creative cards. I like the CAS look. Thanks for sharing over at Colour Crazy (and Cardz 4 galz)

Michelle W said...

I'm not sure what was niggling you about your first entry into LIM but I love this one as well. Great sentiment.

Craft-E-Place said...

Another fabulous entry to the challenge at Less is More. Thanks for joining in

Debbie Mageed said...

Wonderful CAS cards! You make a one layer card look easy - and they aren't (for me, at least). Thank you for playing with us at the Cardz 4 Galz Challenge and hope you can join us again soon.