Wednesday, 9 September 2020

Wonderful Wednesday ....... fingers crossed!

Morning readers, 

I hope your week is coming along nicely. I got to meet a new friend for coffee yesterday which was nice, hope we can do it again sometime too

I've a make to share with you today .......

My card

 
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to fit
  • One piece of black card, cut to mat
  • Snippets of leftover card for the sentiment panel
  • Using a mini blender I applied Distress Oxide antique linen to my card base before adding my Tim Holtz stencil (THS002 "bubbles") and adding more antique linen ink
  • Woodware image (from JGS559) stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
  • HLS sentiment (from "doodled flowers") stamped on to a white snippet using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
  • Gansai Tambi pearl (from "starry colours") and Twinkling H2O (scarab beetle) used to water colour my image - to give just a subtle hint of colour

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Crafty Sentiments - September 8th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Lemon Shortbread - challenge No. 128 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Through The Craft Room Door - September 8th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Artsy Stamper - challenge No. 23 - ANYTHING GOES

And now for an Artist Trading Card

My ATC
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippets of leftover card in pearlised blue and white
  • Fiskars reindeer (from 105940-1001), Stamplorations sentiment (from "Noteworthy"), MFT stars (from CS-83) and HLS skyline (from "Wish you were here") all stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
  • Using a makeup brush I applied Memento inks (Bahama blue and Paris dusk) to the white card snippet
  • Once my image panel was adhered to the pearlised blue matting layer I used my Bortoletti glass dip pen and Daler Rowney pearl acrylic ink to doodle a border
  • Unicorn stickles to bling up those stars!

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Take a Word - September 6th challenge - NIGHT TIME
  2. Creative Craft Cottage - challenge No. 133 - USE AN ANIMAL
  3. Tuesday Throwdown - challenge No. 465 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. The Cats Pyjamas - challenge No. 372 - ANIMALS

7 comments:

Lillianb said...

Great card Kathy, Always a hard card to make, Love the ATC and the sentiments great,

Lilian

Sarn said...

That's a really gorgeous sympathy card.

Love the cool ATC too.

Happy midweek.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Pat said...

Two great makes Kathy with the super sympathy card using the pretty flower and stencilling and love the soft tones you have used, and then the seasonal ATC with the cute reindeer leaping over the London skyline, and with some pretty stars too and a great blue colour with some wonderful doodled edges, a very clever design. x

indybev said...

Lovely card. Thanks for participating in our challenge!

Darlene said...

Beautiful card Kathy! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at the Artsystamper Challenge Blog! Good Luck in the draw and hope to see you again next challenge!

Darlene
ARTSYSTAMPER CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop by for a visit.

Billie A said...

Very pretty card. I love the image and simple but stunning look. So glad you shared over at Crafty Sentiments.

Helen said...

Beautiful sympathy card - very elegant.

Thanks for joining us at the Artsystamper Challenge.

Helen x