Morning readers,
I feel I should warn you good folks visiting today ... this post is a little photo heavy but, if you've the time and inclination then pull up a chair, grab a coffee and get stuck in! Thanks in advance!
I've a make (or two or three!) to share with you today ....... I was watching a video recently and thought it was high time to dust off my gel plate and get out some paints ... I cut some 200gsm card to panels slightly larger than I envisioned using, so I could pick the bits I wanted. Then it was time to brayer some paint on to my gel plate and to create the panels below. If you want to see the video that set me on this journey - well, it's right at the bottom of this post
I've a make (or two or three!) to share with you today ....... I was watching a video recently and thought it was high time to dust off my gel plate and get out some paints ... I cut some 200gsm card to panels slightly larger than I envisioned using, so I could pick the bits I wanted. Then it was time to brayer some paint on to my gel plate and to create the panels below. If you want to see the video that set me on this journey - well, it's right at the bottom of this post
Materials used:
- Rymans 200gsm card, cut in to panels of "roughly" the same size though I did have one that was considerably smaller at the end!
- Gel plate
- Speedball brayer
- Dutchdoobadoo stencils: 470.715.105 (letters) and 470.715.120 (triangles)
- Paper Artsy paints: banana, limelight and south pacific, Daler Rowney neon paints in pink and orange, Brunel Franklin white and Pebeo Studio iridescent violet/blue
Now to see what they get turned in to! Well, here's the first piece I've managed to use ... it's actually the smallest panel I "printed" and I didn't think it needed a lot adding to it once I'd done! Thought I'd start simple as I've never really got to grips with my gel plates! Yes, you read that right, I have several of them so it was doubly "about time" I got to play with at least one!
Additional materials used:
- ATC blank
- Snippets of leftover card in white and black
- PRS sentiment (from "New Day") stamped using Versafine Clair charming pink ink
- Love To Craft Challenge Blog - challenge No. 63 - ANYTHING GOES
- Crafts Galore Encore - challenge No. 92 - ANYTHING GOES
- A Bit More Time To Craft - October challenge - ANYTHING GOES
- Crafters Cafe - challenge No. 275 - ANYTHING GOES
- D.L. Art - October challenge - ANYTHING GOES
Another make for you today ... using another panel from the bunch at the top of this post, again, it didn't seem to need much adding to it, just a stamped and die cut greeting.
Additional materials used:
- Snippets of white and black card
- Ranger "Letter-It" sentiment
- We R Memory Keepers nesting banner dies
- Versafine Clair nocturne and charming pink inks
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- Seize The Birthday - challenge No. 224 - ANYTHING GOES (+ optional CAKES)
- Morgans Artworld - challenge No. 10 - ANYTHING GOES
- DieCutDiva's - October challenge - ANYTHING GOES (MUST use die cut)
- Mirtillamente - challenge No. 1 - ANYTHING GOES
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - challenge No. 167 - ANYTHING GOES

And the last one for this post ...... using a sketch, as it's been a while ... given that the previous makes had used a gel panel as pretty much the entire make, this one just used a snippet and I REALLY like the clean lines of this one.
Additional materials used:
- White, 250gsm, C6/A2 card and matching envelope
- White card - cut to fit, for my image panel and insert and edged using a black sharpie .. instead of an additional matting layer
- Snippets of card in white and black + a gel printed acrylic paint panel cut to fit
- Nesting "faux stitched" squares used to die cut my black panel and Faber Castell silver Pitt Pen used to edge the border, to give it more definition
- TCP sentiment (S.5845.CL) stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
- Dimensional foam mounting tape
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:
- Clean And Simple Cardmaking - Facebook challenge - SKETCH #18
- Creative Artiste - challenge No. 76 - ANYTHING MIXED MEDIA
- Pammie's Inky Pinkies - challenge No. 2140 - ANYTHING GOES
- Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers - challenge No. 195 - "B" is for BIRTHDAY
- Lemon Shortbread - challenge No. 156 - ANYTHING GOES
And, as promised, here's the video that set me on this journey today, thanks for visiting and enjoy Carolyn's video - my thanks to Carolyn Dube for sending me off on this particular journey















15 comments:
Love those backgrounds-smart to make a bunch and then add sentiments as needed! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas!
Che meraviglia tutti questi colori!
Grazie per aver partecipato a Mirtillamente Challenge, buona fortuna!
Roberta DT Mirtillamente
Super cool backgrounds to your amazing card! Thanks for sharing with us at Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers.
Great cards, and wonderful background!! Thanks for linking up to our October challenge gallery at Die Cut Divas.
A beautifully designed project. Nice work. Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. We hope to see you again.
~ Annette CT -
Here's a translation of Roberta's comment
How wonderful all these colors!
Thanks for participating in Mirtillamente Challenge, good luck!
Roberta DT Mirtillamente
Kathyk
Three wonderful cards. Thank you for showing us how you created your backgrounds too. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas at https://die-cut-divas.blogspot.com/
Wonderful set of cards with your fun backgrounds!!! Thanks again so much for playing with us at the Sisterhood!
WOW - fantastic set of cards. I'd say you've definitely got to grips with your gelli plate(s) now!
LOVE the little pop of blue amongst the pinks and yellows. That's the great thing about gelli prints . . .they often speak for themselves and don't need much else added.
Cracked it Missus!
Hugs, Sarn xxx
A beautiful Card, Thanks for sharing it with us at the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge Blog.
Hugs Ilonka DT
Great set of gel plate backgrounds! And of course, beautiful cards as a result. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday and the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!
A super little ATC. The colours are lovely and the sentiment in pink matches perfectly.
Thank you for joining in with the Crafts Galore Encore October Challenge “Anything Goes”. Good luck x
A very beautiful project. I love your backround.
Thank you for taking part in the Mirtillamente challenge!
Good luck and I hope to see you again.
Alena DT Mirtillamente
Fab collection of projects!
Thanks for celebrating birthdays with Edna and the sisterhood of snarky stampers!!
Such a pretty card! The bright colours of the panel looks gorgeous against the white 😀. Thanks so much for joining us at Creative Artiste! Hugs Jo x
Post a Comment