Morning readers,
How was your weekend? Get up to much? I HOPE no-one's plans got scuppered by the cooler temperatures or rain.
I've a make to share with you today ....... it was Quick, Clean and Simple - just the way I like it. And my inspiration? A chance electronic conversation with my pal Sarn of Stamping for Pleasure about the Creative Expressions stamp set we both own ... and suddenly, the card below just sort of evolved!
I've a make to share with you today ....... it was Quick, Clean and Simple - just the way I like it. And my inspiration? A chance electronic conversation with my pal Sarn of Stamping for Pleasure about the Creative Expressions stamp set we both own ... and suddenly, the card below just sort of evolved!
Materials used:
- White, 250gsm, 3½" x 4⅞" card and matching envelope
- Card in white and yellow, for my card front, insert and matting
- Creative Expressions images (from CEC-784 "Arty background" dating from 2017) stamped using Versafine Clair cheerful (yellow) and warm breeze inks
- Tim Holtz sentiment (from THMM109 - dating from 2022) stamped using the Versafine Clair warm breeze ink
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- HLS - August BIRTHDAY challenge - ANYTHING GOES
- Creative Knockouts - challenge No. 466 - ANYTHING GOES
- Through The Purple Haze - challenge No. 195 - HAPPY BIRTHDAY - 3rd (and final) entry
- 613 Avenue Create - August challenge - ANYTHING GOES
- Corrosive Challenge - challenge No. 8 ANYTHING GOES
And now for a Christmas card - you can never have too many stashed away, ready for November/December when it's time to start writing them. I don't send anywhere near as many as I used to (for one reason or another) but I still need a fair few.
Materials used:
- White, 250gsm, 3½" x 4⅞" card and matching envelope
- Card in white, tan and red, for my card front, insert and matting
- Creative Expressions image (from CEC-803 "snowflake kisses") stamped using Versamark embossing ink, sprinkled with PSX red embossing tinsel and heat set. Elsewhere on my card I stamped this image using Versafine Clair tulip red ink
- Stamplorations sentiment (from "Holiday Artsy") stamped using Versafine Clair morning mist ink
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:
- Perfectly CAS - challenge No. 30 - EMBOSS + MUST use 1/3 or less
- HLS - August CHRISTMAS challenge - ANYTHING GOES + (opt) FLOWERS
- Krafty Chicks - challenge No. 625 - Clean And Simple
- Creative Fingers - challenge No. 237 - ANYTHING GOES
- Peace on Earth - challenge No. 22 - ANYTHING GOES
Still walking daily (though I did give it a miss during the worst of the heatwave), at the weekend I took a route I've not taken in a while .... as the field is gradually becoming a housing estate. I thought I would check out the progress on Saturday, imagine my surprise to find two deer, doing the exact same thing!!
















7 comments:
Love both cards shown here.
Fab colour combo on the first (glad you went off to search that set out for me - thanks). Thanks for shout-out as well.
Super CAS Christmas card too - love it xxx
Just added the link to Sarn's blog - which I'd forgotten to do! DOH!
Kathyk
I love the arty circle in blue with the inky splats in yellow Kathy, and then the bright red sparkly look of the fun strip, and lovely matted layers on both. I can't quite get my head round how CAS the Christmas card is but nevertheless it is very colourful and pretty. x
You do a great job of achieving a true CAS look, I love the Christmas card, that is a neat stamp and the sparkle really sets it off. Thanks for joining us at Krafty Chicks!
Las tarjetas son muy lindas!
Gracias por unirte a The Corrosive Challenge (DT)
Great Christmas card design. Thank you for sharing with us at POE Christmas Challenge.
Your cards are lovely and nicely crafted!
Thanks for hanging out on our front porch at 613 Avenue Create !
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner
Redora Lee Designs , My Blog
A Place to Start , Challenge Blog
613 Avenue Create , Challenge Blog
Post a Comment