Morning readers,
I've a make to share with you today ....... I recently dug out the stencil used below and, using pink and purple, made a card front background. I really liked it and ... never one NOT to recycle something (like a technique/product or colour combo) that I like, here's another using the same stencil but this time in more muted colours - in a colour combination you will (if you are a regular visitor to my blog) also have already seen - that of blueprint sketch and hickory smoke!
I've a make to share with you today ....... I recently dug out the stencil used below and, using pink and purple, made a card front background. I really liked it and ... never one NOT to recycle something (like a technique/product or colour combo) that I like, here's another using the same stencil but this time in more muted colours - in a colour combination you will (if you are a regular visitor to my blog) also have already seen - that of blueprint sketch and hickory smoke!
Materials used:
- White, 250gsm, 3½" x 4⅞" card and matching envelope
- Card in white, black and navy for my card front, insert and matting
- Snippets of card in white, black and navy, for my sentiment panel
- With my Dyan Reavley circles stencil taped in place and using a makeup brush, I applied Distress Inks in hickory smoke and blueprint sketch
- Paper Artsy foliage (from ELB30) stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne and Memento gray flannel inks
- CASual Friday sentiment (from TWF) stamped on to a white snippet using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
- A quick spritz of Crafters Companion Spray and Shine, to protect the water based inks in transit! You KNOW what the British weather can be like!
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- AAA Birthday - challenge No. 40 - ANYTHING (Birthday) GOES
- HLS - August BIRTHDAY challenge - ANYTHING GOES
- Through The Purple Haze - challenge No. 195 - BIRTHDAY
- Sweet Stampers - challenge No. 71 - EMBOSSING and/or STENCILS
- Country View Crafts - August challenge - BIRTHDAY
And a Christmas card - got to crack on else I'll be all behind when it comes time to be writing them! I'm GETTING there but still have a way to go before November!
Materials used:
- White, 250gsm, 3½" x 4⅞" card and matching envelope
- Card in white, for my card front and insert
- With my Clearly Besotted heart stencil taped in place and using a makeup brush, I applied a light covering of Distress Oxide in kitsch flamingo around the edges of the heart. I then added just a little Ranger Archival majestic purple ink, to serve as an outline
- Using my MISTI stamp positioner I stamped my image (from Artistic Stampers "Victorian Christmas 4") using Versafine Clair monarch (purple) ink and cheerful inks
- My star was only an outline so I filled in using a sharpie
- Hero Arts sentiment (from CL343) stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- Christmas Card Throwdown - August challenge - COLOUR CHALLENGE - see below
- Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge - challenge No. 607 - ANYTHING GOES + (optional) no stamping
- Krafty Chicks - challenge No. 624 - CHRISTMAS
- HLS - August CHRISTMAS challenge - ANYTHING GOES + (optional) FLOWERS
- Peace on Earth - challenge No. 21 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
Met some pals for lunch yesterday, we chose a new venue (opened late July) which was easy for the three of us to get to. It was lovely to catch up, the venue is lovely (gin distillery in the basement too!!!) and food was pretty good too! AND a walk around the park afterwards .... calling that quite the result then!


















14 comments:
Great photos of your trip out with pals. The food looks delicious.
Lovely stamping and stencilling on the birthday card.
Nice traditional image for the Christmas card.
Happy midweek xxx
The card with 3 wise men is beautiful!
Lia DT POE
all are beautiful cards!! Looks like a fun day was had by all!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On earth!
Diane POE Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Peace On Earth}
Beautiful stamp and background for your first card, and lovely trad card for Christmas ... crikey I must get going, I've still only made 3!! Lovely pics of your lunch out - glad you had an enjoyable time. I've yet to go to a restaurant post-Covid ... but am going in deep end this Saturday with a meal out with a group of 8 people who I barely know- yikes!!
Pauline xx
This foliage is beautiful and the blue and grey combination using that pretty stencil in the background is very striking Kathy, and love the silhouette wise men on their camels, also the inked heart shape in the background with the lovely sentiment and the star at its edge finish this Christmas card brilliantly. Lovely photos of the lunch and walk with your friends. x
Such a beautiful card. Love the moody blues, next best thing to purple. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!
Wonderful card, such a pretty design. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge.
Beautiful Christmas card, thanks for playing at 52CCT colour challenge
Beautiful cards! Great use of our colours! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT:)
Love your blue and grey colour combo. Great cards as ever. The food looks good too!
The heart behind your Wise Men is such a beautiful (and clever) touch. Very pretty. Thanks so much for playing along with us at the HLS Christmas challenge blog!
Thank you for sharing your creation with us over at AAA Birthday and we would love to see you in our future challenges
Elaine DT
AAA Birthday DT
Mix it UP DT
613 Avenue Create DT
Love to Craft DT
Love to Scrap DT
Peace on Earth DT
Merry Little Christmas DT
Wonderful cards, beautiful stencil. Thank you for joining us at sweet stampers challenge,
hugs Anke
Beautiful cards! Loving the colour combination with the silhouette grasses - gorgeous 😊. Thanks so much for joining us at Country View Challenges! Hugs Jo x
Post a Comment