Morning readers,
I've a make to share with you today ....... A fab new stamp set but, oh, the angst this make caused. I'm not sure what it is that I'm unsure about but ... it could just be that I feel there's something missing or it could be that I don't like the colours I chose ... after all, I LIKE the image and I like the sentiment! Perhaps I should have gone with alcohol markers instead of water colour? OR maybe I'm just overthinking it ....? Maybe I'll try it again but with markers and see if that makes me feel better about it.
I've a make to share with you today ....... A fab new stamp set but, oh, the angst this make caused. I'm not sure what it is that I'm unsure about but ... it could just be that I feel there's something missing or it could be that I don't like the colours I chose ... after all, I LIKE the image and I like the sentiment! Perhaps I should have gone with alcohol markers instead of water colour? OR maybe I'm just overthinking it ....? Maybe I'll try it again but with markers and see if that makes me feel better about it.
Materials used:
- White, 250gsm, C6/A2 card and matching envelope
- Card in white and green, for my card front, insert and matting
- Clearly Besotted image and sentiment (both from "Christmas Corners" - NBUS) stamped using Memento tuxedo black and Versafine Clair nocturne inks
- Using a makeup brush and Memento dandelion ink, I applied a light layer of colour to the outside edges of my card front, taking care to avoid my stamped image and sentiment
- Arteza water colour brushes used to colour my image and, once dry, Anita's dimensional gloss and crystal stickles applied, to bling it up
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- NBUS - challenge No. 41 - USE NBUS
- HLS - August WATER COLOUR challenge - ANYTHING GOES
- Scraps of Life - August Rudolph Day - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
- HLS - August CHRISTMAS challenge - ANYTHING GOES + (optional) FLOWERS
- Colour Crazy - challenge No. 33 - ANYTHING (hand coloured) GOES
Time for a double helping of Christmas ..... gotta love this fat snowie set of images.
Materials used:
- White, 250gsm, 3½" x 4⅞" card and matching envelope
- Card in white and deep blue, for my card front, insert and matting
- Funky Fossil image (from "Silly Snowmen" - from Sept 2020) stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
- Clearly Besotted sentiment (from "brushed sentiments") stamped using Versafine Clair warm breeze ink
- Copic markers used to colour my image
- Glamour dust applied using a Quickie glue pen, to bling up my card
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- Peace On Earth - challenge No. 22 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES (entry #2)
- Christmas Kickstart - challenge No. 65 - NEVER IN A NATIVITY
- Try It On Tuesday - August 23rd - KEEP IT SIMPLE
- The Holly and Ivy - challenge No. 121 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
- Time Out - challenge No. 221 - FESTIVE















14 comments:
A lovely double helping of Christmas cards here.
Both cards look great to me!
Xxx
I agree with Sarn, both cards are great! Do love the fat snowman!
Both cards are just FABULOUS Kathy! LOVE your design style! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth Christmas challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!!
Darlene
PEACE ON EARTH CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Adorable Christmas card! Thank you for sharing with us at POE Christmas Challenge.
Two fabulous Christmas cards, Kathy. I love the colours on the first one, I think you have a case of 'own worst critic'. lol! The snowman on your second card is just adorable. xx
I so love those roly poly snow people!!! Love how you used them for your very festive creation. Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out.
Popping back with my Guest Designer hat on to say thank you for sharing your beautiful card over in the NBUS Challenge this month. xx
Two great cards, but I do love that fat snowman, so cute and perfect for CAS
Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday. Avril x
These are both so fun, Kathy. That snowman is really cute!
Two fabulous Christmas makes Kathy, and the CB corner image looks great and such pretty colourung with your watercolour markers and the lovely large sentiment is just delightful, and then the wonderful FF snowman and coloured in blue and yellow a perfect combination. x
Simple yet beautiful..
Thank you for joining HLS water colour challenge
Be safe and keep crafting :)
Swapna
Oooo what a fabby pair of Xmas cards and both so different too, thanks for joining Augusts Rudolph Days Challenge Luv Sam x
Hello Kathy, well I think your card looks lovely - your image is super cute and the sentiment is perfect with it. Love the clean lines layout as well. We are our worst critics aren't we! Great second card also, well done for getting an early start on your Christmas makes!
Thanks for joining in with us at Colour Crazy Craft challenge this time, hope to see you again! Sarah - DT
Beautiful cards. Thank you for joining TIOT. Hope you join us again.
Post a Comment