Saturday, 25 November 2023

Saturday and it's the last Rudolph Day of the year - GULP!

Morning readers, 

I've a make to share with you today ....... featuring some de-bossing, yes, I confess, I put my card in to my embossing folder the wrong way round but I had pencil on the back so, once embossed, couldn't rub out the pencil - hence the de-bossed make! Actually, I think I like it!

My C6 card

Materials used:
  • White, 250gsm, C6 card and matching envelope
  • Card in white and red, for my card front, insert and matting
  • Snippets of card in white, black and red, for my image panel
  • Pink and Main sunburst embossing folder
  • Woodware robin (from JGS849) stamped using MFT hybrid extreme black ink pad
  • Copic markers and B&M glitter gel pens used to colour
  • Elsewhere on the card I used MFT sentiments (from CS.723 and CS.794) stamped using Versafine Clair red tulip and MFT hybrid extreme black inks
  • Stardust stickles to add yet more sparkle

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Scraps of Life - November Rudolph Day - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Merry Little Christmas Challenge - challenge No. 53 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. HLS - November CHRISTMAS challenge - ANYTHING GOES + (optional) BAH HUMBUG
  4. Archi-Scraps - November challenge - EMBOSSING WET or DRY
  5. The Holly and Ivy - challenge No. 152 - ANYTHING CHRISTMAS GOES


10 comments:

Sarn said...

I’d call that a happy accident mate. The debossing looks great and the cute robin is perfect xxx

Happy Saturday x

Linby said...

Yay! for debossing, works for me. This is a fab Christmas card.

Jenny L said...

Hi Kathy,
Happy Rudolf Days.
what a wonderful card and such a gorgeous and cute stamped image.
Beautifully coloured also.
Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L DT

Pat said...

The sunburst embossing works brilliantly behind that cute little robin Kathy, and love the glittery snow. I think the debossed side looks great. x

Shona Erlenborn said...

Love happy accidents - this came out great! Such a cute robin too. Thanks for sharing with us over at the Holly and Ivy challenge.

Pauline C said...

Another very cute robin Kathy, and woo hoo the debossing worked out great - love it when a happy accident comes together!
Pauline xx

Alyson Mayo said...

This is cute - the debossing worked out perfectly fine! Thanks for sharing with us at HLS Christmas :)

Sue - said...

Happy accident! I love the look of the debossing.

foleysfriend said...

Nice save of an oopsie. I like the debossed look. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Christmas Challenge.

sue n.

mamapez5 said...

The debossing worked fine and I love your robin. Kate xx