Morning readers,
I've a make to share with you today ....... left purposely blank as it fits many occasions - I am LOVING playing with the glue stick foiling technique right now too, thought I'd see if I could make it work for a guy card - did it work?
I've a make to share with you today ....... left purposely blank as it fits many occasions - I am LOVING playing with the glue stick foiling technique right now too, thought I'd see if I could make it work for a guy card - did it work?
Materials used:
- White, 250gsm, C6 card and matching envelope
- Card in white and black, for my card front, insert and matting
- Snippets of card in white, black and kraft
- Using a makeup brush and Ranger Archival watering can, I applied ink through my Tim Holtz stencil (from set No. 2)
- Leaving the stencil in place I randomly applied a glue stick, working the glue with my fingers and leaving to dry a little whilst I cleaned my stencil
- I then overlaid foil (in holographic blue and gold, burnishing FIRMLY with my fingers before weighting and setting aside to dry before peeling off the foil to reveal the gorgeously grungey foiled effect
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- I Spy with my little eye - challenge No. 9 - SPARKLE and/or SHINE
- Stencil Fun - Nov challenge - ANYTHING GOES + (optional) LEAVES
- HLS - Nov STENCIL challenge - ANYTHING GOES
- Penny's Paper Crafty - challenge No. 559 - ANYTHING GOES
- Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday - November challenge - ANYTHING GOES
I was lucky enough to be selected to win a prize over at Penny's Paper Crafty, thanks so much peeps, and I'm sorry I was so late in claiming my prize
due to the fallout of my recent vacation!
I've had a very sociable week, this week, as hubby and I were out to lunch on Wednesday and on both Thursday and Friday I was spending the day with (separate) pals ... chatting/lunching and shopping - getting on reasonably well with the Christmas shopping and even bought some dex, well, this fab advent block anyway - soon be December










5 comments:
Lovely jazzed up but CAS all-purpose card.
Love your new Advent calendar! Xxx
Lots of wonderful creativity in today's blog post. Each one so beautifully done. Thank you so much for joining in at I spy with my little eye and my Crafty Wednesday challenge too!
Great design Kathy and perfect for a masculine card.
Love your new Rudolph calendar. xx
The first looks great with the added blue and gold foiling Kathy, and I love the herringbone pattern of the stencil inked in grey and the kraft card and kraft and black mats make it a perfect masculine card, and congratulations on your prize win over at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge. Glad you have had a fun and busy social week, and love the reindeer advent block, a super idea. x
Another very funky foiled design Kathy. Thanks so much for sharing with this month's "I Spy With My Little Eye" challenge theme "Sparkle and Shine"
Pauline xx
Post a Comment