Friday, 26 January 2024

TGIF - here comes the weekend!

Morning readers, 

I've a make to share with you today ....... sometimes I actually remember HOW much I like to blend inks - this make was one of the resulting "play sessions" AND I got to use something I seldom think to pull out of my stash - mica powders!

My ATC, measuring just 3½" X 2½"

And a view (at an angle) to show the mica powders

Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippets of card in white, navy and grey
  • Using a mini blending brush I applied Distress Inks: tumbled glass, stormy sky and faded jeans - till I was happy with the coverage - I set aside to dry thoroughly
  • All & Create image (#293 - Jan 2024 - NBUS) stamped using Versamark embossing ink before brushing over pewter "Perfect Pearls" to highlight the image
  • MFT sentiment (from CS.794) and Art Impressions clock face (J-2611) stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
  • Finally, a quick spritz of Crafters Companion Spray and Shine, to seal those Distress Inks
My inked panel

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. NBUS - challenge No. 58 - USE NBUS
  2. Little Red Wagon - challenge No. 740 - NBUS
  3. Fab 'n Funky - challenge No. 587 - STAMP IT
  4. Penny's Paper Crafty - challenge No. 563 - ANYTHING GOES
  5. Everybody Art - challenge No. 549 - ANYTHING GOES

And now, since yesterday was Rudolph Day, here's a Christmas card.

My C6 card

Materials used:
  • White, 250gsm, C6 card and matching envelope
  • Card in white and navy, for my card front, insert and matting
  • Using a Simon Says Stamp mask (spheres and masks stencil) and low tack tape, I applied Memento Paris dusk to the circle
  • Overlaying my Tim Holtz stencil (from THMM179 - Jan 2024 - NBUS) I applied another layer of the Paris dusk ink
  • Tim Holtz sentiment and bottle brush tree (also from THMM179 and NBUS) stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
  • White gelly roll gel pen to add a little "snow" to my tree and Crystal stickles to the stars and the tree, to add texture

I will be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Scraps of Life - January Rudolph Day challenge - ANYTHING CHRISTMAS GOES. Sadly, this will be their final challenge
  2. Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday challenge - ADD SOME TEXTURE
  3. Double D Challenges - January 17th challenges - ADD SOME SPARKLE / SHINE
  4. ABC of Christmas - January 10th challenge - "A" is for ANYTHING GOES
  5. Christmas Craft - January challenge - GLITTER AND SPARKLE

I was a lucky winner over at StarStampz challenge No. 53 and won three digi images - thanks so much.
This was my winning make

I was out, for the day, with a pal earlier in the week .. we went to a lovely little gift shop ... a veritable treasure trove. I managed to about finish my 2024 birthday shopping in one fell swoop - Woo Hoo! I even acquired a handbag for myself though I controlled myself and did NOT buy the purple one I saw afterwards!! I didn't really need one new bag, let alone two! My friend had recently returned from the U.S. and had been keeping two purchases for me .... who doesn't love new stash? It was a great catch up, some retail therapy and a jolly nice lunch too, what more could you ask, it's always so nice to catch up with friends. As you can see (from the Christmas card earlier in my post) I could hardly wait to break the seal on my new stash either!


10 comments:

Sarn said...

Congrats on your win of the digis.

Really like the ink blending and clock face on your ATC.

Love the design of the Christmas card made with your new stash too. XXX

Pat said...

Beautiful ink blending and Perfect Pearls used in the background, and love the added clock face on this ATC, and great use of your new stash for the Christmas tree and added stars in an ink blended circle, and a very pretty colour. Congrats on your random win over at StarStampz Challenge too. Glad you had an enjoyable day with some shopping and the stamp sets she bought over with her from the US..great ones to have! x

Liz said...

Lovely inky ATC, Kathy. I love your CAS card too, great design.
Liz xx

LesleyG said...

I have little pots that I keep meaning to rediscover, your ATC is lovely with the clock face and blended ink. I like the bottle brush tree too, especially with the stencilled circle xxx

Kathyk said...

Graphic added - Jan 27th

Uschi said...

Thank you for showcasing your beautiful ATC as part of the latest Everybody Art Challenge. Your ATC is so amazingly colored. It looks particularly interesting, especially with the clock in the foreground and certainly with the use of that mica powder. I wonder if it glows in the dark?
And also a wonderful Christmas card. I like the circle around the tree.
Hugs Uschi

Pauline C said...

Fab ink blending on this stylish atc, and a lovely Christmas card with your new stash!
Pauline xx

Brenda said...

Kathy, I love the way the mica powders show off your NBUS stamp. What a great design. Thanks so much for sharing with us over at Little Red Wagon this week!

Donna Phelan said...

Love the Bottle Brush Trees, so vintage and lovely! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, Sparkle and/or Shine Challenge. Donna, DT Member.

Mummylade said...

Thank you so much for joining us at ABC Christmas challenge