Morning readers,
Hope you enjoyed your weekend and that Storm Ashley wasn't too bad for you all.
I've a make to share with you today ..... I'm a fan of the glue stick foiling method, I like the less than perfect effect and feel it just elevates a "nice" card by several degrees, to a special card and so .... an anniversary card evolved during the recent session at my Table of Craftiness!
![]() |
| My C6 card |
![]() |
| And a closer view of the gluestick foiling |
Materials used:
- White, 250gsm, C6 card and envelope
- Card in white and pink, for my card front, insert and matting
- Using low tack tape I masked off a section for stencilling
- Vicki Boutin heart stencil used, with makeup brush, to apply Memento rosebud ink through.
- Whilst my stencil was in place I used a gluestick to add a "swathe" of glue through the stencil too, burnishing with my fingers before removing and washing the stencil
- After leaving the glue stick for an hour, I overlaid my sheet of gold foil and burnished firmly with my fingers and then left it overnight to "dry" before removing the foil. I just love the way it gives a kind of grungey coverage
- Hero Arts sentiment (from CL342) stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- Paperminutes - challenge No. 868 - ANNIVERSARY
- Stencil Fun - Oct challenge - ANYTHING GOES + (optional) HALLOWEEN
- Pammie's Inky Pinkies - challenge No. 2442 - ANYTHING GOES
- Cutie Pie - challenge No. 199 - PINK and PRETTY
- Krafty Chicks - challenge No. 738 - CAS (Clean And Simple)






5 comments:
Who needs a dedicated foiling machine?? This is a great way of achieving a luxury decorative finish
A lovely glitzy anniversary card x
Eine sehr schöne Karte. Danke dass du sie bei Paperminutes zeigst.
LG Christina
And a translation of Christina's comment:
A very nice card. Thanks for sharing them on Paperminutes.
LG Christina
I love the bits of gold foil on the pretty pink hearts Kathy and love the deeper pink matted layer which together with the perfect size and font of the sentiment makes this a beautiful card. x
Post a Comment