Saturday, 22 November 2025

Saturday - have a great weekend

Morning readers,

I've a make to share with you today ... I've not made it to my craft space since mid-October (how fortunate I had been busy before then) but I saw a card yesterday, by Nancy Elrick, and it took my fancy so I CASE'd it, thanks Nancy and THANK YOU for inspiring me back to my card making.

My C6 card, inspired by Nancy, you can see her make below

CASE'd a card by Nancy Elrick

Materials used:

  • White, 250gsm, C6 card and envelope
  • Card in white and black, for my card front, insert and matting
  • Snippets of card from the Funky Fossil "Monochrome Magic" and Pink and Main "Black tie party" stacks
  • Snippet of gold mirri card which I die cut using the Sizzix Thinlets (this is also NBUS)
  • MFT sentiment (from CS.748 - NBUS) stamped on to a snippet of white card which I cut out and then matted on to a snippet of black card

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-

  1. Krafty Chicks - challenge No. 795 - CAS (Clean And Simple)
  2. NBUS - challenge No. 80 - USE NBUS
  3. Seize the Birthday - challenge No. 317 - ANYTHING GOES + (optional) USE CHRISTMAS SUPPLIES
  4. Just Add Ink - challenge No. 774 - STENCILS or DIES or BOTH
  5. Creative Friday - challenge No. 399 - ANYTHING GOES


Recently hubs and I attended an award ceremony where he was collecting an award, we rocked up in the hotel the ceremony was held in .. had a lovely evening and pleasant meal. Following morning we enjoyed a good buffet breakfast before heading off to Lincolnshire (already being a good distance in that direction) to visit friends who had recently  moved there. So nice to catch up with them and to see their new home and their new home town too. Thanks for your hospitality, L&G




I was a TOP3 over at Addicted to CAS this week, thanks guys, really appreciate that accolade and so glad you liked my entry

8 comments:

Aquarius said...

Bet you've missed being in your craft room - welcome back. Great layout on this card - several variations spring to mind.

Chantell Randall said...

A lovely CAS style card. I really like the shiny gold elements you have used. Chantell Just Add Ink

Pat said...

Great CASEing of Nancy's card Kathy, and the black and white and black and gold strips of card are so pretty, and the added multiple circles die cut from gold with the added black sentiment over the top coordinate beautifully. Lovely photos of the awards dinner, congrats to your hubby, and then your visit to friends in Lincolnshire are great..looks like you had some sunny weather too. x

Nancy said...

Thanks for the shout out, Kathy! I'm so happy I inspired this gorgeous card!!!

Nikki Spencer said...

Simple elegance Kathy, beautifully done! Thanks so much for sharing at Just Add Ink.

Sarn said...

Fab CASE of Nancy’s card. Great layout and nice and CAS to boot

Good to see you back at the Table of Craftiness.

Congrats to Mr K on his award. Glad your friends are settling into their new area well. xxx

Nancy said...

You have CASED Nancy's card beautifully! Love black and gold together. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday and we hope to see you again in the New Year.

The Crafty Den said...

What a lovely card Kathy and a great take on Nancy's card. Thanks for sharing with us at Krafty Chicks challenge. Hugs, Denise x