Wednesday, 26 November 2025

Wednesday again? ENJOY!

Morning readers,

I've a make to share with you today ... it was Rudolph Day just yesterday and, as it's the last for 2025 (next month will be too late!!) it's a Christmas card! In a more whimsical style!

My C6 card

Materials used:

  • White, 250gsm, C6 card and envelope
  • Card in white and red, for my card front, insert and matting layer
  • Snippets of card in white (2) and patterned designer paper
  • Snippet of lace
  • I stamped my Studio112 (60-31148) frame using Brilliance Mediterranean blue ink before cutting it out, including the centre white space, which I replaced with the red chevron designer paper
  • MFT image (it was a free with purchase in October 2018 so I don't have a reference) stamped using Ranger Archival watering can ink, once dry I fussy cut out the reindeer, ready to attach to look like it was coming out of the frame
  • Prismacolour scholar and Coloursoft pencils used to colour
  • I used double sided tape to attach the lace to the card front
  • MFT sentiment (from the same "Free with purchase" set) stamped using Versafine onyx black ink, once the image frame and lace were in place
  • Stardust stickles to highlight the inner edge of the frame and to add a little festive sparkle

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-

  1. Rudolph Day - November challenge - ANYTHING CHRISTMAS GOES
  2. Snippets Playground - challenge No. 520 - USE SNIPPETS
  3. Colouring with pencils - Nov challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Aud Sentiments - challenge No. 331 - GLITTER and/or CHRISTMAS + A SENTIMENT
  5. The Holly and Ivy - challenge No. 196 - ANYTHING CHRISTMAS GOES

I was a top 7 pick at Allsorts (for challenge No. 836), thank you so much, I appreciate it. I was also a winner at Pammie's Inky Pinkies, with the same card - thank you to the Allsorts and Pammie's DT


7 comments:

Sarn said...

A lovely Rudolph Day card and great layout.
Congrats on your awards. xxx

Sarn said...

Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse for a mug of hot chocolate shortly x

Pat said...

The coloured squares on the edge of frame with the red chevron dp behind it looks great with the cute reindeer Kathy, and the white lace behind it adds texture and a different feel to it, and beautifully finished with the red matted layer. Congrats to you on your win at Pammies, and also for being in the Top 7 over at Allsorts. x

Aquarius said...

Happy Rudolph Days - a great card to celebrate. Love the interesting way you've framed that super reindeer. Congratulations on your 'honourable mentions' 😊

Di said...

What a great card Kathy - the lace is an unexpected and clever little twist! I do love how you actually show the products you used - picture is worth a thousnd words as they say! Christmas Countdown now!
vHugs
Di xx

Helen said...

Such a sweet card - reminds me of patchwork.

Thanks for joining me at the Rudolph Days Challenge.

Helen x

Annie H said...

I love the whimsical style and the bright colors of your card. Thanks for joining us at ‘kleuren met potloden’, succes.
AnnieH DT