Morning readers,
I've a make to share with you today ... two same but different cards, one with a splatter and one without ... interesting that one of them came out with stronger colours than the other - not sure why ... probably to do with the amount of water! My colour choice? Well, I'd been working on my Halloween ATC just yesterday and thought the colours worked pretty well with this fab "distressed diamonds" stencil so .... I added Picked Raspberry in to the mix (since it's not Halloween any more!).
![]() |
| Mark I - C6 card |
![]() |
| Mark II - C6 card, with the splatter image |
Materials used:
- White, 250gsm, C6 card and envelope
- Card in white and black, for my card front insert and matting
- Snippets of card in black and white, for my sentiment panel
- Using the Arden Creative "Distressed Diamonds" stencil (ASST002) I applied Distress Inks in Ripe Persimmon, Picked Raspberry, Twisted Citron and Wilted Violet, spritzing with water before applying to my white card and drying between colours - to minimise the "muddying" of the colours
- Stampin' Up sentiment (from Vertical Greetings) stamped on to snippets using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
- On the Mark II card I also stamped a splatter (from Alinacutie-2507) using Versafine Clair morning mist ink
- Faber Castell pitt pen ("S" thickness) to doodle a border
- Using scissors I cut the ends of my black and white card strips before attaching to my card
- Crafters Companion Spray and Shine - to seal the water based inks
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- Just Add Ink - challenge No. 772 - COLOUR CHALLENGE (see below)
- Creative Fingers - challenge No. 311 - ANYTHING GOES
- Creative Artiste - challenge No. 120 - ANYTHING MIXED MEDIA GOES
- Pattie's Creations - challenge No. 235 - ANYTHING GOES
- Krafty Chicks - challenge No. 792 - ANYTHING GOES





10 comments:
You're right, those colours do work well and I love the stencilled background with a simple sentiment.
Absolutely fabulous CAS cards in vibrant colours. Top job! X
Love the technique you’ve used to get such a fab vibrant result xx
What great results and a great way to use backgrounds.
Love that background Kathy, such a lovely use of the colours. Thanks for sharing your project at Just Add Ink.
The way you've mixed your colours with the stencil is fantastic, Kathy and it suits the vertical sentiment you've chosen so well. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.
Another bright and pretty inked and spritzed stencil background Kathy and a beautiful CAS card with just the added sentiment and black to back it. x
Fab cards! I especially love the doodled border on the sentiment panel. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink.
Great job, nice color combo, very pretty!
Thanks for playing our challenge at Krafty Chicks Challenge. Leanne DT Member/KCC
Very cool and creative with this abstract style. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers Challenge
Post a Comment