Saturday, 25 June 2011

2nd post - challenge entry! If you missed my earlier post then please scroll down

Me again folks.

I see all my lovely followers have gone walkabout again - blooming blogger. I noticed a new follower and would love to welcome him or her ...... if only I knew who it was - welcome to you if you joined in the last 24 hours. Perhaps there's a coach trip of followers headed to the seaside ..... (nice link if I say so myself!!!!)

After the fiendish monogram theme of last week - which stumped many a LIM-ette. I have to confess, me included, I'm so glad that I checked the site BEFORE I stuck down my own version of illuminated letters and still had the chance to change it! Oops. Still, a challenge that takes you out of your comfort zone in to unknown territory is often a good thing - a chance to use a technique or image you might not otherwise. I went with Mickey Mouse - an image I had owned for years but probably only ever used two or three times - Yay Mandi and Chrissie and thanks for making me dust off Mickey! It came as quite a relief, however, this week to have a super sketch to follow. I do love this LIM challenge and have, so far, managed to enter every one and some waaaaaaaaaaaay more than once! - this may be one of those weeks! Not come across this challenge before?, then pop over and check it out - here or you could check out the head LIM-ettes individual blogs, Chrissie and Mandi


Materials used:
  • 15cm square 300gsm scalloped white card and envelope
  • Black card panel
  • Blue card panel, with corners rounded
  • Three white 300gsm die cut circles
  • Crafty Individuals seagulls and sentiment and All Night Media shell inked in memento tuxedo black on the circles
  • Crafty individuals sentiment inked in memento tuxedo black directly on to card blank
Hope you like it and I hope my fellow LIM-ettes do too.  I shall also be entering this for the Sketch free sketchie challenge over on Craft Mad & Loving It.

Anyway, how's your Saturday coming along? All craft-y is it? My hubby appears to have man-flu but has struggled manfully off to the flying field thus leaving me free (AGAIN?) to craft to my little hearts content. 


53 comments:

Debs M said...

love it!!

Fiona said...

Great seaside themed card Kathy and perfect for a bloke too.

fatmonica said...

Love it.It's got a great summery feel to it!

Cheryl said...

oh just love this hun its a brilliant take on the sketch,love those stamps hugs cheryl xxxx

Chrissie said...

Super card Kathy. Love those stamps!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Lauren Hatwell said...

This is FABULOUS Kathy. I love everything about it. So chic! Lx

Craftilicious said...

I love that stamp set kathy - perfect choice for the challenge too :-)

Squirrel x said...

Ooh, that's gorgeous hun! Makes me want to go for a paddle - if only the water was warmer! Hugs Sxx

Debgem said...

Great card - lovely images and I love the senitment! Just wish the sun would come out so that we could all enjoy the seaside!!

Gibmiss said...

Hi Kathy
Gorgeous card ....love it ....
hugs
sylvie xxxx

Faith A said...

Love this, a real seaside feeling to it, blue card an all. Now if only the sun would shine and warm up a bit (as promised) we'll be down to the sea lol

Beryl K said...

Lovely card Kathy, a great card for a man
Beryl x

dutchstamptramp said...

I love the whole idea, fabulous card!

Sandy said...

Love the seaside theme, great images ,
Sandy

Katina said...

Fab as always Kathy! xx

Mandi said...

FAB card Kathy, love those beach stamps, special liking for that kinda thing as we live a few hundred yards form the beach!
Thanks for the shout out and links :)
Thank you for your tireless efforts as a LIMette
Diva LIM mandi
Less is More

Dana Leigh said...

Perfect card! Makes me want to go to the beach! :)

Vicky Hayes said...

I love the colours and the beach theme and you are really making me wish I had a beach trip sorted for the heat wave tomorrow! Vx

Carol said...

Super card Kathy, wish it was warm enough to go to the beach! Carol x

Jan said...

Great card, love it xx Jan

Lynne said...

Fabulous card Kathy.
Lynne xxx

Zoechaos said...

Fabulous card, love the images you have used proper seaside! XOXO Zoe

Jo Street said...

Great card Kathy, love those stamps.
Jo x

Susan said...

Kathy, those stamps are just beautiful! Love your scalloped edge card too!
My Card

TAM said...

Just love those images

Diane said...

Brilliant card. Now I can't get that song out of my head and I'll go to bed singing it (but only to myself!!)xx

Loli said...

Hola Kathy, thank you for your visit.
Beautiful card Kathy, very summertime card, i love it.
a hug from Palma

Rosemary said...

fantastic summertime card!!

Brenda Dean said...

WOW! Love how the scalloped border echos the theme of the card. The scalloped border reminds me of shells. Beautiful!!!!

Elin said...

Wonderful card! This is a real summercard :) Thanks for your lovely comment! Hugs Elin

Helene said...

Lovely card. Fab stamps and sentiment.

kelly said...

this sea side cards is definitely my fav of all your LIM ones, beautiful!

Hazel said...

Great stamps and a lovely card. Hazel x

craftyhallett said...

Kathy this really is a super card, lovely colours, stamps and arrangement - brilliant!

clare said...

serene and elegant. i love this kathy.

~ Ali ~ said...

Super card!

Ali x

Suze Bain said...

Fab stamps Kathy, they look great in the circles. xx

Theresa said...

Hi Kathy - this is fabulous!! I love the images. It's so fun to see how people create. I love beach scenes and wish I lived near a beach. Fabulous card.

Sarah-Jane said...

Lovely seaside theme to this card and perfect colours too :-)
Hugs xx

mustavcoffee, Gay Peplow said...

Hi Kathy, brilliant card, love it, all sea side and holidays, great fun, Gay xxx

Molecraft said...

Fabulous card Kathy, love those stamps, a great theme!
Helen x

The Crafty Elf said...

Can't go wrong with a seaside card in my opinion! Nice work!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Kathy, I love this card - you know I loves me beachy themes... I love the black, blue and white. Great colors for this one. Holiday here we come!

Jenny said...

Love rhe beachy theme Kathy, the images look great uncoloured too :)
Jenny x

Stamping 4 Pleasure said...

Very nice seaside card Kathy.
Hugs, Sandra

Bonnie said...

AAh! Now I wish I could go to the beach!

VICTORIA said...

Hi Kathy love your card. I love challenges it such a great way to meet wonderful crafty people. Good luck in the challenge. Victoria :)

Maja said...

Beautiful card! Just the right one to catch the summer spirit.

Shobana said...

Great card Kathy! Love those stamps! :)
Really like your new picture! :)

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Kathy

What a fabby card love the seaside theme - wish I was at the seaside with this mini-heatwave we've been having.....

Thanks again for your comments on my blog.

Take care

Tina
X

Rachelxx said...

Love the scalloped edge to the card - fit's the seaside theme so well :-) Great card!

Sally H said...

What a fabulous card! Gorgeous shells! I love it

Sue - said...

Lovely summery card!