Wednesday, 5 August 2026

Wednesday ... mid week!

Morning readers,

I've a make to share with you today ... a wedding card commission for SD#2, as she was off to a wedding last weekend and wanted a card featuring hearts along with the initials of the happy couple. I don't often use a square card blank but I wanted to use this heart of hearts stencil and, frankly, it was too big for my preferred card size. Came out pretty much monochrome too!

The card front and the insert

Materials used:

  • White, 250gsm, 6" x 6" square card and envelope
  • Card in white and cream pearl, for my card front, insert and matting layer
  • Snippet of white card for my "Always and Forever" sentiment
  • Unbranded heart of hearts stencil, taped in place and, using a mini blender and domed foam pad, I applied Versafine Clair strawberry ink for the outline hearts
  • Inkadinkado "R" alphabet (from 99107) stamped using Versafine Clair strawberry ink
  • CRASPIRE sentiment (from WHO167-57-0256) stamped on to a white snippet, using Versafine Clair strawberry ink and then cut out - edging with a red alcohol marker so the white base didn't show
  • On the insert/back of card and the envelope I stamped the CraftyRoo sentiment (from "Happy Wedding" - December 2024 yet still NBUS) using the Versafine Clair strawberry ink
  • Finally, a light touch of stardust stickles to the R & R to give some celebratory sparkle and - DONE!

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-

  1. NBUS - challenge No. 89 - USE NBUS
  2. Make My Monday - challenge No. 283 - WEDDING/LOVE WISHES
  3. Pammie's Inky Pinkies - challenge No. 2631 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Stencil Fun - August challenge - USE A STENCIL + (optional) CAS STYLE
  5. Crafting Happiness - August challenge - ANYTHING GOES + (optional) BACK TO SCHOOL


I was a lucky top pick over at Paper Rocks Scissors this week, thanks peeps, I really do appreciate it.

5 comments:

Aquarius said...

Square is my much preferred format so I love this layout. Great stencilling and stamping to make this one personal for the recipients

Sarn said...

Congrats on being picked over at Paper Rock Scissors.

Great commissioned card with a bit of personalisation. xxx

Pat said...

A very pretty heart filled wedding card Kathy and congratulations on being a Top Pick over at Paper Rocks Scissors Challenge. x

Liz said...

Great personalised card, Kathy. Congratulations on your Top Pick spot. xx

Billie A said...

Wonderful card. Love the initials and hearts. Makes it so personal which a wedding card should. love it. Glad you shared over at Make my Monday..