Friday, 4 June 2021

Friday, the weekend is SOOOO Close!

Morning readers, 

My first make today started out life a little differently ... I HAD intended to make another sympathy card since, sadly, I've had occasion to use a couple of late. I got out the Inkadinkado floral greetings set but then got distracted by the "Best wishes" image instead ....

My C6 card
And a closer view to better show the colour detail
The front/back/inside of my C6 card and the front/back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • White, 250gsm, C6/A2 card and matching envelope
  • Card in white and textured light yellow, cut to fit and mat
  • Inkadinkado "best wishes" image (from 99537) stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne and morning mist inks
  • Using a makeup brush and Memento dandelion ink I randomly stencilled through my Stamposaurus circles stencil, trying to avoid my stamped image
  • Faber Castell polychromos pencils used to add a little colour to the flower heads and leaves of my image
  • Stardust stickles to add some serious sparkle


I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Di's Digi Challenge - May 28th challenge - SHOW SPARKLE
  2. QKR Stampede - challenge No. 421 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. A Bit More Time To Craft XTRA - June challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  4. A Perfect Time To Craft - challenge No. 6 - ANYTHING GOES
  5. Crafts Galore Encore - challenge No. 88 - ANYTHING GOES

I've another make to share with you today ....... kind of monochrome, kind of GREEN and with a TOADILY fun image though and one I don't use nearly enough! I even remember buying it ... from the fab Owl and the Pussycat store in Fort Myers, Florida --- a while ago

My Artist Trading Card - 3½" x 2½"

My stamped snippets and image panel, ready for paper piecing

Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippets of leftover card in white and textured green
  • Rubber Moon image (Toad girl) stamped three times (on to my white card panel, another white snippet and also on to a piece of textured green card - which I used to paper piece my lady toad's dress!
  • Using a makeup brush I applied Memento pear tart to my white card panel and then Memento bamboo leaves around the outer edge
  • Overlaying my Paper Artsy stencil (PS020 - NBUS) I added the large star using the bamboo leaves ink and the smaller stars using Adirondack citrus ink
  • Faber Castell polychromos pencils and Sharpie fineliner pens used to colour my toad girl image which I then fussy cut out before adhering over the image stamped on my base snippet.
  • I fussy cut the dress from the image stamped on to the textured green card which I then "paper pieced" on to my ATC
  • Stamplorations sentiment (from Noteworthy) stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
  • Kuretake Wink of Stella glitter gel to highlight the pattern on toad girl's paper pieced dress

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Addicted to Rubber Stamps - challenge No. 406 - MAKE YOUR MARK .. when I entered the challenge I accidentally submitted the floral card above - sorry for the confusion
  2. Penny's Paper Crafty - challenge No. 497 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. NBUS - June challenge - USE NBUS
  4. Fab 'n Funky - challenge No. 526 - GO GIRLY
  5. 2 Crafty Critter Crazies - challenge No. 51 - ANYTHING GOES (MUST feature a critter)


7 comments:

Sarn said...

Cute ATC and nice layering of inks.

Lovely dandelion brst wishes card too.

Happy Friday - we have rain all day - the garden will be pleased! X

Darnell said...

You have a very deft hand with stencils and schparkles, Kathy! I really love your artsy dandelion design all glittery golden and delightful! And, of course, as a frog lover, I'm equally fond of toads, so your green ATC gal gave me the giggles. She really is a star even if she looks a bit grumpy because her husband is taking forever to bring the car around to the front of the restaurant and she needs to get home and get out of her shoes and tights!! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Saphron said...

Such great cards. Fun froggy!
Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's and good luck with your entry! :)
~ DT Saphron
Lemon Biscuit

Jana Forrest said...

Kathy your lady frog is adorable. The sentiment is perfect. Thank you for joining us over at Penny's Challenge. Best of luck, DT~Jana

Rachel Webber said...

Awesome Paper Piecing on the frog girl, thank you for sharing with us at Fab ‘n’ Funky. Rachel DT

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

LOVE your green ATC, such a fun toad with her green dress and purple tights. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies this week. Good Luck and I’m looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
Faith A DT

Cass said...

Gorgeous card.
Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore
Encore
Challenge