Morning readers,
How's your week been? Mine's been pretty good, earlier in the week we took a short break from the norm (pix at the bottom of this post) and last evening we hit the local curry house with friends and, yes, they enjoyed it as much as we do. We have to be regulars as Raj greeted us with "your usual table madam?" Ooopsie!
I've a make to share with you today ....... It's CAS but the white space just isn't white!
I've a make to share with you today ....... It's CAS but the white space just isn't white!
![]() |
| My C6 card |
![]() |
| And a closer view of the mica paint colouring |
The front/back/inside of my C6 card and the front/back of my envelope
Materials used:
- White, 250gsm, C6/A2 card and matching envelope
- White card and textured card in metallic pink, maroon and grey, cut to fit and mat
- Snippets of card in white and textured maroon, for my image and sentiment panels
- Aall & Create flower and sentiment (both from set #140) stamped on to two separate white snippets using Versafine Clair nocturne and morning mist inks
- Clearly Besotted birthday sentiment (from "mini calligraphy") stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
- Using a makeup brush I applied Distress Oxide antique linen to the image panel, taking care to leave a "halo" around my stamped image
- Overlaying my Tim Holtz mini stencil (THMS072) I applied Distress Oxide in kitsch flamingo, again, avoiding the flower image
- Using Imagination Crafts mica paints and their blending solution I painted the flower image using pink/lilac/purple and green paints - loving the shimmery results with these paints - wish I remembered them more often!
- I repeated the pink stencilling over the sentiment panel before matting on to maroon card and attaching to my card
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- HLS - June Water Colour challenge - ANYTHING GOES
- HLS - June Stencil challenge - ANYTHING GOES
- AAA Birthday challenge - challenge No. 26 - FLOWERS
- Always Fun - challenge No. 217 - LAYERS (I make it six on my card, i f I don't count the layers of ink!)
- Craft Rocket - challenge No. 82 - BIRTHDAY



Earlier this week the hubster and I took a couple of days out in Stratford on Avon, it's been YEARS since we've been there, fancy sharing a wander around Stratford with me? Pull up a chair and grab a coffee then and ... ENJOY, as we did!


















8 comments:
That's a VERY pretty card. Love all the elements.
Thanks for sharing lovely pictures of your trip to Stratford-upon-Avon. Looks like you had great weather for it.
Hugs, Sarn xxx
Love those pictures of your outing! Those baby swans are indeed fast asleep!
Pretty card -- that shiny flower is fun. Thanks for joining in at HLS Stencil Challenge
ps - your "stroll" photos are so fabulous! What a great place to walk - lucky you and hubster :)
Your card (and your photos) are beautiful! Your card is a perfect example of how white space doesn't have to be white. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers for the Watercolour and Stancil Challenges!
This A&C flower is so pretty Kathy and love all the shimmer and shine, and great photos of Stratford on Avon. We went there a number of years ago, I recognise the locations, and we enjoyed a lovely boat trip..looks like you had perfect weather. x
Oh so gorgeous! Loving all the glisten and shimmer. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!
Love the shine on the flower Kathy! It’s a long time since I’ve been to Stratford as well. Thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Stencil Challenge.
So pretty! Thanks so much for playing at AAA Birthday!
Post a Comment