Sunday, 10 June 2012

Easy like Sunday Morning!

Morning all,

Sorry about the shortness of yesterday's post but I'm sure you all understood the reasons! Hope so anyway.

Cherry and I headed off to Kidderminster to The Treasury for a workshop on Pan Pastels, originally booked to be with a tutor from Pan Pastels but this got changed at relatively short notice and Pat stood in with her own workshop. She picked two projects, one using stampscapes images and the other using versamark and PP's. We've now tried colouring images using Pan's (needs practice is all I'll say!!) and some other techniques too. It was fun to do and a nice day out and, of course, lovely to catch up with Cherry - a craftbubble buddy. Oh and there were ginger biscuits baked by Brian, one of the other attendees, as well as DONUTS. I didn't have one of the donuts otherwise I would NEVER have had room for Brian's delicious biccies! I'd like to share a couple of photos with you (none of the biccies though ....


The scene of the crime!!!

Cherry and I in the naughty corner!!


Two unscheduled visitors who came and sang for their breakfast outside the window!


My makes

Those of you who know me personally would know that I crafted at the speed of light!! AND managed to get involved in feeding the ducks AND shopped!!! I came home with four more PP's for me and three for Wynneth, some trays to store them in (I can now give up on the perpetual unscrewing/screwing up of the little jars!) as well as some new tools to play with. Thanks Pat, for doing a fab job at such short notice.

Over on the Simply Less Is More blog, this week's challenge is a One Layer Card and must feature a flourish - easy peasy ..... you would think, wouldn't you? It would seem it's NOT so easy after all!! However, as I needed to make an engagement card for the daughter of a friend, I took my inspiration from the shaped card from yesterday's class -



Materials used:
  • 15cm square, scallop edged white 300 gsm card and matching envelope.
  • Inkadinkado flourish from the dot flourish set of clear stamps inked using versamark ink, in opposing corners.
  • Pan Pastels (violet and violet tint) graded fro light to dark and applied using my new oval sofft applicator
  • Cheap hairspray used to fix
  • Inkadinkado wooden backed sentiment, inked in Memento grape jelly and stamped twice in opposing corners
I used the same flourish and sentiment as well as the same ink and lighter pan pastel to embellish the inside and the envelope to match.

Hope you (and the ladies over on Simply Less Is More) like it - I look forward to your feedback.

Happy Sunday


27 comments:

Debs M said...

great pics and i love the colour of the card! Loving the scene pic from the workshop too x

scrappyjacky said...

Sounds like an enjoyable day.

Loli said...

Hola Kathy beautiful cardmakers-friends-day :D, your landscape with pastel are gorgeous and you Lim card is so pretty and of course in purple:D:D.
A hug from Palma

Linby said...

Lovely card and in our favourite colour LOL!
Workshop looks good.
Linbyx

Willy said...

Beautiful flourish card!

Mandi said...

No, not easy Kathy a right bloomin b*gger lol
That's a lovely flourish, I think I may have that hhmmm!
Lovely purple card, just right from our Purple Princess

Thanks very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Anne said...

Ooh I like your landscape that you made and lovely flourishes too

clare said...

Fab photos and looks like you had a good time! Matching coloured outfits too! Great projects you have made, with you pp's. X

Chrissie said...

Why did I think that purple might have been one of your first choices of colour in those pastels... it looks like you had great fun!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Suze Bain said...

What a gorgeous colour and a very pretty card! xx

Aileen said...

Looks like a super day. Lovely flourish card and brill colour. x

KatzElbows said...

Your beautiful card has really got me thinking. I would never have thought to use so much colour on a clean and simple card. But this is clean and simple and colourful. Very cool.

Thank you.
rachel

Louise said...

glad you and Cherry had a nice time yesterday, even if one of the classes wasn't quite your thing. Fab cards- I really like the LIM one last.
Have fun with Wynneth this week x

Berni Cuttino said...

From one who loves purple. Your cards are beautiful. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving the love. Hugs

Susan said...

You do purple SO well! Lovely card...I think I have those stamps...might need to get them out and dust them off!

Meadie said...

I love the colour of your card and your flourish looks lovely:) Hugs x x

Brenda Brown said...

looks like you had a good day and had fun making your cards as well as fitting all the other bits in too. Great makes all round.
hugs {brenda} xox

Dora said...

That seems to have been a fun day Kathy.. these pan pastels seems interesting, have to check them out some time, you make them seem so fun :D .. and your card looks gorgeous, I love the flourishes, so elegant. Thank you also for stopping by today, really appreciate.. trying to do some catching up now :D Hugs xxx

Katiejane said...

You sure know how to shop and as for crafting at the speed of light -you inspire me.
I read about Pan Pastels in QC mag, so finally know what they are now -phew! That took a while!!
What a great photo of you and Cherry and the ducks of course ;)
Hope you enjoyed the baked goods.
Have a great week.
Katie x

mustavcoffee, Gay Peplow said...

Hi Kathy, You're always up to something interesting, it's always a pleasure to visit:0) Fabby flourish card and Sunday sounds like loads of fun, great cards again, love the sunset one, yum! xxx

Inkyfingers said...

I haven't seen pan pastels before Kathy but you made great use of them in these cards. I love the different tones of the same colour on your lovely flourish card!

GinaA said...

Great card and loved your post about your day out. Biccies sound mouthwatering.

Craftilicious said...

Looks like you had a fun day - love your flourishes and pan pastels look interesting (if messy!)
Tara
x

Shobana said...

Love your purple card! :) And the two you made earlier....the one with the landscape is just stunning! Would love a bigger pic! :)

Sue W said...

Beautiful Flourish.......Love your purple card.

Deanna said...

Sounds like you had a great day! love the flourish and the color of your card:)

Kathleen said...

Love the flourish and nice to see a different choice of colour for the card.
Thanks so much for your comments.

Kath x