Saturday, 24 February 2024

Saturday - it's the weekend - YAY!

Morning readers, 

With the ongoing cruddy weather around here, I have, plainly, felt the urge to cheer myself up by using brighter colours in my crafting! The weather's been so horrid that I've hardly left the house - no, a visit to Costco doesn't really count, does it?

I've a make to share with you today ....... two "same but different" makes, using one piece of A4 yellow card, one piece of 6" x 6" Designer paper (from a pack I won and thought I should crack the seal on) and new stamps (SO very cute) from Aall & Create and TCP - check them out below

My C6 "same but different" cards ... A & B

Materials used:
  • 2 x White, 250gsm, C6 cards and matching envelopes
  • Nesting circle dies
  • Card in white, yellow and Designer paper (a recent prize and also NBUS)
  • Aall & Create image (from #464 -Jan 2024 - NBUS) stamped on to a white snippet using MFT extreme black hybrid ink
  • TCP sentiment (from S.5845.CL) stamped using Versafine Clair  purple delight and charming pink inks
  • Alcohol markers to colour my images and background (circular image panel) and a makeup brush used to apply the charming pink ink to the outer edges of the rectangular card (I used glitter pens on one of the envelopes, primarily to cover up a slight blurring to the image - DOH!)
  • Anita's dimensional gloss - for the bird's eye
  • Crystal stickles to bling up the bird's wings, head and tail feathers

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. NBUS - challenge No. 59 - USE NBUS
  2. Snippets Playground - challenge No. 474 - USE SNIPPETS
  3. Double D - Feb 21st challenge - PATTERNED PAPER
  4. Everybody Art - challenge No. 551 - BIRTHDAY
  5. Unicorn Challenge - challenge No. 95 - DOTS and/or STRIPES - definitely stripes of text going on here!


8 comments:

Sarn said...

I absolutely LOVE these two cards. Great colouring of those fab quirky birds and great designer papers and composition. 👍

Happy crafting while the weather keeps you indoors xxx

Sarn said...

Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. See you in the treehouse for morning coffee shortly xxx

Sue - said...

Two fab cards , love the quirky birds and that gorgeous bright paper. For once the sun is shining here!

Pauline C said...

Two vibrant and cute makes Kathy, love the dinky birds and the vibrant cheerful paper.
Pauline xx

Di said...

Absolutely brilliant cards Kathy! I adore the happy colours, especially as the sun is basically non-existent here too. We're thinking of building an Ark, Dudley is selling tickets at the rate of one treat per ticket - a decent deal really! I've seen these fun birds a fair bit recently and am almost about to crumble. It just struck me how unisex they are - suitable for gal, fella and anyone in between.

Hugs
Di xx

Pat said...

So bright and pretty, and the horrid weather does make one want to brighten it up a bit and you certainly did that brilliantly with your pretty sentiment dp in a rainbow of colours, and the added A & C quirky bird image, beautifully coloured Kathy. x

Birgit said...

Such fun and colorful cards! So glad this challenge helped you jump into a new paper pack. Thanks for linking up to Double D Challenge. Best of luck to you!

Uschi said...

Those two cards are really fabulous. I love the bright and happy colours and these stunning birds. They are so gorgeous especially in front of that loud and lovely shining background paper. There´s a bit of sun in these grey days. I also love these great glossy eyes and this very adorable lettering.
Thank you so much for sharing these cards with the current Everybody-Art-Challenge.
Hugs Uschi