Friday, 9 February 2024

TGIF - the weekend is almost upon us!

Morning readers, 

I've a make to share with you today ....... got hold of a sticky mat for myself and wanted to try it ..... sadly, U.S. A2 is not quite the same (dimensionally) as a UK A6, oh well, still pretty neat even without being able to fully utilise the mask

My C6 card

My stencil and inking
Materials used:
  • White, 250gsm, C6 card and matching envelope
  • Card in white and lime green, for my card front, insert and matting
  • Snippets of card in white, lime and textured black, for my flower and sentiment panel
  • Unbranded floral die used with the textured black snippet
  • Aall & Create stencil (#171), held in place with my sticky mat, inked using Distress Inks in Picked raspberry, twisted citron and wilted violet
  • Aall & Create sentiment (from set #630) stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
  • Elsewhere on the card and envelope I used the Pink and Main floral image (from set PMO554 - I deemed it to be a close enough match to my die) stamped using Versafine Clair morning mist ink
  • Crafters Companion Spray and Shine used to seal the water based Distress Inks

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Stencil Fun - February challenge - ANYTHING STENCILLED GOES
  2. Simon Says Stamp - Monday challenge - FUN WITH STENCILS
  3. Daisy Chain Challenges - challenge No. 82 - FLOWERS
  4. Penny's Paper Crafty - challenge No. 564 - ANYTHING GOES
  5. Craft Rocket - challenge No. 111 - BIRTHDAY

I was a lucky TOP3 over at Penny's Paper Crafty (challenge No. 563) - thanks so much peeps, appreciate it


6 comments:

Lillianb said...

Congratulations on your TOP3 and great card Kathy,

Lilian

Pauline C said...

Gorgeous card Kathy .. that I one of my favourite floral dies and it looks fab against the stencilling.
Pauline xx

Pat said...

I love the A & C stencil you used three beautiful colours over it Kathy, and a really black silhouette flower and a lovely sentiment strip across the card too. I have just sent for a Tim Holtz sticky mat as I have seen quite a lot of people using one to save having to use bits of tape to hold a project in place, so will see if it works well. Congratulations on being in the Top 3 over at Penny's Paper Crafty too. x

Sarn said...

Super stencilling using your sticky mat. I have one and was using it for stamping . . . now I'll give it a go with my stencils. (In fact I hadn't had much success with my mat, so hopefully this will give it a new lease of life!) Thanks!

Congrats on being in the Top 3 at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge.

Jana Forrest said...

Kathy your birthday card is wonderful. I love the stenciling background you have created. Nice work. Thanks for linking up with us over at Penny's Challenge. Best of luck, Jana DT

Darlene said...

SO very pretty! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our STENCIL FUN challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth,Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power