Friday, 18 October 2024

TGIF - what's in store for us this weekend?

Morning readers,

I recently signed up for the free "12 Days of Christmas" cardmaking workshop, run by Justine Hovey. I didn't actually have many of the supplies used by the J.H. team (like the better press, foiling machine or the stamps used) but .... like all good crafters, I improvised. Changing elements is totally allowable so I changed the image (obviously), sentiment and even the colourway but I hope I kept the "spirit" of the tutorial and here is my interpretation of DAY 1 ...

My C6 card

Materials used:

  • White, 250gsm, C6 card and envelope
  • Card in white and red, for my card front, insert and matting
  • Snippet of white card for my image panel
  • Inkadinkdo pine & bauble image (from 60-31153) stamped using Ranger Archival library green ink which I fussy cut out.
  • Coloured pencils (purple and red) used to colour the baubles and Mod Podge dimensional gloss to give it the dimension and high gloss finish
  • Tsukineko gelly roll bronze gel pen for the metallic element to the baubles
  • Stardust stickles to bling up the pine needles
  • Silver glitter washi tape (in place of the foiling from the tutorial)
  • Recollections sentiment (from 119949) stamped using Versafine onyx black ink

And the "master" used for the tutorial? See below

Justine's tutorial make

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-

  1. Snippets Playground - challenge No. 491 - USE SNIPPETS
  2. Simply Clean And Simple - October challenge - ANYTHING GOES + (optional) BLACK/PURPLE
  3. Krafty Chicks - challenge No. 738 - CAS (Clean And Simple)
  4. Holly and Ivy - challenge No. 170 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES

7 comments:

Liz said...

Wonderful festive card, Kathy.
Liz xx

Aquarius said...

Great interpretation of the original design for the tutorial. Love that you've completed a lovely card using items from your own stash. Proves we don't always need to buy more even though temptation is ever present 🤣

Sarn said...

Fab take on JH’s card. Love your festive bauble card using the supplies to hand. Xxx

Pat said...

A very pretty version of Justine's card and I love the pine branches with the two beautiful baubles hanging from it, and in super colours too. x

Sarn said...

Popping back to say thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse for hot chocolate - right after we've had a game of conkers! xxx

Di said...

Great card Kathy. I did wonder why you would trim around the lovely stamped image - all was explained when I then saw the sample. Great take kiddo. clever too - I would have run away!!
Hugs
Di xx

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

Spectacular card! Goes to show that you really don’t need all the fancy gadgets. Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful CAS card with us at The Krafty Chicks Challenge! So nice to see you in the gallery.
Diane - DT KCC