Monday, 28 April 2025

Monday - look out! It's another week!

Morning readers,

Hope you all enjoyed a great weekend. I recently discovered that I had run out of anniversary cards ..... and then a friend asked if she could have a look at my birthday cards ... she bought a goodly number (including the one below) so ... my thanks to Amelia but - I now need to knuckle down and make some birthday cards as well as some anniversary cards!!!!  That said, it's a nice place to find myself in, and it IS always so nice to discover other people like your work, isn't it?

I've a make to share with you today ......

My C6 card

Materials used:

  • White, 250gsm, C6 card and envelope
  • Card in white and lilac, for my card front, insert and matting
  • Penny Black image (2443K - Skipping) and Visible Image sentiment (from VIS-HAP-01) stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
  • Faber Castell polychromos pencils used to colour
  • Crystal stickles, to add some serious sparkle to the skippers flower centres and dress tassles!

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-

  1. Penny Black Saturday Challenges - April challenge - ANYTHING GOES + (optional) EASTER
  2. Kleuren mit potloden - April challenge - ANYTHING HAND COLOURED USING PENCILS
  3. CraftyCatz - challenge No. 692 - FEMININE BIRTHDAY
  4. Seize the Birthday - challenge No. 304 - ANYTHING GOES + (optional) STENCILLING
  5. As You Like It - 17th April challenge - CAS (Clean And Simple) or FUSSY AND FANCY - and why - I adore CAS, a simple image and sentiment ... the only embellishment? A little colour

16 comments:

Aquarius said...

A really happy card - love the image

Kath said...

A fabulous card and a lovely image.
Kath x

Barbara said...

I think that you picked the perfect font for the greeting on this card. It goes well with the cute Penny Black stick figure and gets the job done. So glad that you shared it with us at Seize the Birthday Challenge.

Bonnie said...

This is adorable and fun, Kathy! Of course your friend wanted to buy it!

Liz said...

Super card Kathy, I love your fun image.
Liz xx

Sarn said...

Aww - that's a sweet birthday card. I agree with Barbara (above) that you picked the perfect sentiment font for the image. xxx

Pauline C said...

Very fun and cute birthday card Kathy and I love the vintage Penny Black stamp xx

Lillianb said...

great card Kathy. Love the stamp she really looks happy

Pat said...

How cute Kathy and love the colouring of this sweet little lady and love the stylish font of the sentiment to go with it. x

Darline Maes said...

Prachtige creatie, bedankt om mee te doen, groetjes Darline

Kathyk said...

Translation of Darline's comment

Beautiful creation, thanks for participating

Aunty Sue said...

Fab card thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz

Helen said...

What a super fun birthday card with that sweet little girl image Kathy! A great CAS creation! Thanks so much for sharing with us at PB Saturday Challenge! :)

bolletjelucky.blogspot.com said...

A lovely fun card with a beautiful colored girl. Thank you for joining the challenge at Kleuren met Potloden.
Greetings Miranda dt KMP

Crea Astrid said...

Een mooie kaart heb je gemaakt met deze schattige stempel.
Gezellig dat je meedoet met de Challenge van Kleuren met potloden.

Groetjes, Astrid.

Kathyk said...

And a translation of Astrid's comment:

You have made a beautiful card with this cute stamp. Nice that you are participating in this colouring with pencils challenge