Monday, 10 November 2025

Monday - another week off and running!

Morning readers,

Hope you all enjoyed your weekend and that the weather (mild but wet and windy here) didn't spoil any plans.

I've a make to share with you today ... cacti, not everyone's first choice of image for a birthday card but these are lovely images and stamp so well so .... I was powerless to resist! I love that art deco style sentiment so much too, safe to say that (weird though it is) I love these cards, reckon they would work as "guy" cards too, always a little trickier to make, I find.

My two C6 cards

Materials used:

  • White, 250gsm, C6 card and envelope
  • Card in white and textured ochre - for my card fronts, inserts and matting layers
  • Anita's art deco sentiment and Woodware cacti (from FRS041)stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
  • Alcohol inks (Copics and ProMarkers) to colour my cacti
  • Stardust stickles to bling up the bloom


I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-

  1. I Love ProMarkers - challenge No. 594 - ANYTHING GOES + (optional) ANIMALS
  2. GirlzmakeGuyzcardz - challenge No. 33 - BIRTHDAY
  3. Polkadoodles - challenge No. 12 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. CAS on Friday - challenge No. 321 - BIRTHDAY

And here's a second make from me today ... yes, alright, it's another Christmas card but this was for my U.S. friends and was one of about 15 Christmas cards I made, and sold, whilst there!

My C6 card
Materials used:
  • White, 250gsm, C6 card and envelope
  • Card in white and green, for my card front, insert and matting layer
  • Recollections image and sentiment (from a set so elderly I no longer have the reference, sorry!) stamped using Ranger Archival watering can and Versafine onyx black inks
  • Selection of coloured pencils (Coloursoft and Prismacolour) used to colour my image
  • Stardust stickles, to add some festive sparkle

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. We Love Stamping - November challenge - CHRISTMAS or ANYTHING GOES
  2. Allsorts - challenge No. 836 - CHRISTMAS
  3. CRAFT - challenge No. 767 - CHRISTMAS
  4. Craft Rocket - challenge No. 131 - CHRISTMAS
And some final vacation pix, we woke up one morning and it was chilly (by Florida terms, actually, it was 13°) so thought we'd head to Celebration for a walk around a couple of the lakes. I think I was hoping it would be damage limitation!! It was GLORIOUS .. soon warmed up though, it was 22° by the time we'd walked around both lakes. We, of course, were in shorts and T-Shirts but many of the locals were bundled up in jeans and sweaters or jackets!





And these two gentlemen were working but stopped to make us both smile, thanks guys, you were doing a grand job

12 comments:

brenda said...

Great photos and cards Kathy, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts and We Love Stamping Christmas challenges.

B x

Sarn said...

Lovely hol snaps of Celebration.

The cactus cards are fab and would certainly be great for masculine birthdays.

Love the Christmas card too.

Have a good week xxx

Aquarius said...

The cactus cards have a happy, upbeat look to them and the Christmas tree is lovely - thank you for sharing this one with us for the Allsorts challenge. So great to see more photographs of your recent trip across the pond. Something bright to cheer up a dismal November morning

Craftyfield said...

Lovely CAS card, thanks for sharing it with us at Allsorts challenge and using our theme.

Pat said...

Lovely photos around Celebration and I love your two cactus cards and such pretty colours Kathy, and your tree is so cute and great to sell some cards to your US friends whilst you were there. x

Paula said...

lovely card! Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge Blog!

Ellibelle said...

Both cards are beautiful and such great photos too! Thanks so much for sharing at Allsorts challenge!

Sheryl said...

A lovely card. Thank you so much for entering our challenge at CRAFT Challenge, looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl xx CRAFT DT

dj said...

I love this cactus stamp and your coloring of it is perfection!! Thanks for playing along with our BIRTHDAY challenge over at CAS on Friday!! Today begins a new RAINBOW challenge over there and we hope you will play along with us again. Deb Horst, DT #321

EmmaT said...

Fabulous cards, love the cacti. Thank you for joining us at We Love Stamping with the tree card

Sarah said...

What fabulous pics and lovely cards too. thank you for sharing at Allsorts. Sarah

Wendy Jackson said...

Such lovely cards

Thanks so much for joining us on the Polkadoodles Digi Choosday challenge at Digi Choosday !

Love and crafty hugs from

Wendy (DT)