Morning readers,
Happy Hump Day, how's your week coming along?
I've a make to share with you today ... since there are so many lovely Christmas challenges about right now, I thought I would make a start on my 2026 quota by making a small batch of Quick Clean And Simple cards! I started with some snippets, washi tape and a tree die ... the basis for four cards here peeps. It didn't take very long to cut the pieces nor to assemble so I'm calling this QCAS, AND I used a fair few snippets in to the bargain! That's always good, although my snippet box remains full to the brim. Perhaps, over Christmas I will rummage through and make a decision about the fate of some of those snippets! Wish me luck!
Materials used:
- White, 250gsm, 15cm/5" square card and envelope
- White, 300gsm, linen finish card
- Snippets of card cut to a 3" strip and then covered in washi tape before die cutting my Recollections tree four times
- Snippets of red card, cut to fit my aperture
- Nesting rectangle/Mod rectangle dies (from Pink & Main and WRMK), to cut the aperture in my linen finish card front and the backing rectangle in red
- MFT sentiment (from CS.723 "Holiday cheer")) stamped using Versafine Clair strawberry ink
- Elsewhere on my card, where I didn't want the dimension of my washi tape tree, I used a tree image from Art Stamps Mfg (very old, wood mounted), stamped using Versafine Clair shady lane ink
- Slimline dimensional foam pads - finally used the very last one, wonder if I can still get hold of them, as they didn't add too much bulk and thus incur "Large" postage rates!!!
![]() |
| Snippets of red card, die cut to fit behind the aperture |
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- Simon Says Stamp - Monday challenge - CHRISTMAS
- Make My Monday - challenge No. 267 - A CAS QUICKIE CARD
- A Cut Above - Dec challenge - ANYTHING GOES, featuring a die cut
- Peace on Earth - challenge No. 101 - ANYTHING CHRISTMAS GOES
- Addicted to CAS - challenge No. 298 - CHRISTMAS








9 comments:
A lovely lot of snippets used up and 4 Christmas cards in the box ready for next year. Brilliant. Love the Mod die shape and how you used your Washi.
Coincidentally, I’ve also started on next year’s cards!
Happy Wednesday xxx
Love your idea of these QCAS cards ready for next Christmas. I especially like the shape of your aperture for the washi tree and will be looking out for a similar die
Brilliant design Kathy, a clever use of your Washi tape.
Liz xx
How creative ... beautifully done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace on Earth challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Peace on Earth Co-Owner
Sweet card! Love the die cut shape of the window. Very creative use of the washi tape. Thanks for sharing with A Cut Above's December Challenge.
This pretty washi tape works brilliantly for these trees, and the die cut aperture with the red card on each really makes them pop, and a lovely red sentiment to finish too. x
Love the creativity, beautiful trees! Thank you for sharing with us @ Make My Monday.
Cute Christmas tree and card. Thanks for joining in at ATCAS.
Great card design - love the way you used the washi tape!
Thanks for joining us at the Addicted to CAS Challenge.
Helen x
DT
Post a Comment