Saturday, 13 December 2025

It's the weekend - have a good one!

Morning readers,

I've a make to share with you today ... we crafters hate waste don't we? Well, I broke in to a 6" x 6" sheet of double sided designer paper recently and made two cards from one piece cut to 5" x 3½" and was left with a sizeable strip - so, what to do with it? Now, I COULD have made an ATC but then most of the fab pattern would have been obscured so .... hope you like it, it's the last, I PROMISE!

Materials used:

  • White, 250gsm, C6 card and envelope
  • Card in light tan and white, for my card front, insert and matting layer
  • Snippets of card in designer paper (Pink & Main "Tuxedo party"), white and black
  • I cut my designer paper in to narrow strips and, using double sided tape, affixed them to my card front. I cut the ends at an angle using a small pair of scissors
  • Visible Image sentiment (from VIS-HAP01) stamped on to my white snippet using Versafine Clair nocturne ink before matting on to a snippet of embossed black card

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-

  1. Paper Rocks Scissors - challenge No. 11 - ANYTHINGI (using paper and scissors) GOES
  2. Snippets Playground - challenge No. 521 - USE SNIPPETS
  3. Penny's Paper Crafty - challenge No. 611 - ANYTHING GOES (their FINAL challenge)
  4. Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday - Dec challenge - ANYTHING GOES
Since it IS the season of goodwill, I try to see as many of my friends as I can fit in, during December. Yesterday it was the turn of my two oldest friends, we'll always be friends (they know too much!) - we lunched at an Italian restaurant close to one of them (which meant we could walk) and we enjoyed a lovely mean. At the end of our meal when we were full but fancied a little something sweet .. we requested a portion of profiteroles and three spoons .... they went several steps better and served three plates with a profiterole on each and beautifully presented ... my raspberry was balanced on the top but took a nosedive just as I was about to photograph it - thanks Antica Roma!

7 comments:

Aquarius said...

Brilliant use of every last scrap of that tartan paper - well done. I'm sure you all enjoyed your sweet treat after a good meal - service with a smile 😊

Sarn said...

A thumbs up for using up your snippet strips of paper to make this fab CAS card.

Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse shortly. Xxx

Pat said...

Great use of that last snippet of pretty plaid paper Kathy, and a great card as a result. I like the look of that profiterole too and great to meet up with old friends. x

Liz said...

Super card Kathy, great use of your snippets. Looks like you had a good catch up with your friends. I could just eat one of those profiteroles now! It looks very similar to the profiteroles I had recently in Keynsham.
Liz xx

Deanne Saunders said...

Awesome card!! Thanks so much for participating in our PAPER ROCKS SCISSORS challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Di said...

What a great snippets card Kathy! Perfect for a chap IMHO.
Hugs
Di xx

Ellibelle said...

Another fun creation, love the CAS style. And the treat looks delicious! Always a great time to spend with old friends!
Thanks so much for sharing again at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!