Morning readers,
Despite being a Public Holiday in the UK (which usually means rain!) it looks like being not only a lovely day today but ... a really rather nice week, weather wise! ENJOY but stay safe.
It's that time again, Rudolph Day ... when a crafters thoughts turn to Christmas projects in an attempt to ensure there are enough hand made cards in the collection for this coming Christmas. I'm doing pretty well with this years quota and think I may even be working on 2021!!! Anyway, please see my Christmas make below ........
Despite being a Public Holiday in the UK (which usually means rain!) it looks like being not only a lovely day today but ... a really rather nice week, weather wise! ENJOY but stay safe.
It's that time again, Rudolph Day ... when a crafters thoughts turn to Christmas projects in an attempt to ensure there are enough hand made cards in the collection for this coming Christmas. I'm doing pretty well with this years quota and think I may even be working on 2021!!! Anyway, please see my Christmas make below ........
![]() |
| My red, white and blue Christmas card! |
Materials used:
- White C6/A2, 250gsm card and matching sized envelope
- Two pieces of 300gsm smooth white PaperMill card cut to fit
- One piece of 240gsm PaperMill intense red card, cut to mat
- Snippets of both of the above card stock for my image panel and matting
- On my white snippet (and using a Tim Holtz mini blender) I applied Distress Inks in stormy sky, chipped sapphire and blueprint sketch
- Inkadinkado silhouette (from 60-30984 "Holiday Silhouette) placed in to my MISTI and then stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink - repeating till I was happy with the density of black .... I didn't do this anywhere except on the snippet for my card front.
- A quick spritz of Crafters Companion Spray and Shine - to protect the water based inks
- Once assembled and matted on to my card front I stamped the Hero Arts sentiment (from CL-343) using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
- Crystal stickles applied to bling up the snowflakes!
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- Scraps of Life - May Rudolph Day - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
- Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge - challenge No. 491 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES + (optional) theme USE SILVER
- Sweet Stampin - May 23rd challenge - ANYTHING BUT A SQUARE
- Jingle Belles - May 22nd challenge - BLING ON THE HOLIDAYS ... stickles on the snow!
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - challenge No. 132 - ANYTHING GOES
I recently celebrated a birthday (nothing major but I AM the oldest I've ever been!) and would like to thank everyone who took the time to send me a card and/or gift, THANK YOU, I appreciated each and every thoughtful card and present.
![]() |
| My gifties - who knew how happy I would be to receive three handmade face masks |









17 comments:
WOW . . . You received a lot cards . . . And thoughtful gifts.
Loving the RD card. Very atmospheric.
Xxx
Lovely card Kathy, Like the where you have put the scene and the sentiment at the top, great job
Lilian
Hi Kathy,
Happy Rudolf Days and a belated Happy Birthday.
What very lovely gifts and such a lot of lovely cards.
I love your Christmas card it's so lovely in those colours used.
great silhouettes of the Christmas scene and as always you have decorated everything to match as well.
Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT
First off before anything else I have to apologise as I did leave a comment on your birthday and the person above me wished you a Happy Birthday and I totally ignored it. I must have been suspending brain activity for the day or I was interrupted and finished my comment quickly totally forgetting to say. Anyway it is obvious that an awful lot of people did remember and what a great array of cards and gifts, so I will now send a belated Happy Birthday! Now to your beautiful Christmas card..I love the red, white and blue and a very pretty image, and a wonderful swirly font on your sentiment. x
Beautiful card and it looks like you had a wonderful birthday too.
Great card, KAthy! I love the night sky you acheived with the blended inks. I also like your way of showing us the supplies you used in creating the card, It is very helpful to those who want to rush out and purchase something you used...well...maybe not rush out right now but perhaps rush to the computer to order it!!!
Thanks for taking part in the May Rudolph Days Challenge.
Me again, this time without my official hat on! Happy Birthday and I must say that is a very impressive selection of cards. Your masks look fabulous!
Wonderful Christmas card, Kathy. Love the little Christmas scene.
Wishing you a belated Happy Birthday, what a great selection of cards and presents. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the fabulous cow stamps. xx
Love your classic Christmas card, Kathy, with all the sides and the envelope covered with designs, too! It looks like you had a wonderful birthday and a lot of beautiful cards. Don't see mine up there yet ... sorry it appears to be late! Take care and I'm glad to hear you are having sunny weather. It's about 97-105 here this week. 😜 Hugs, Darnell
Gorgeous Christmas card! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. I hope join us again real soon!
Hugs, Joy
Joyfully Stamps
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator
Lovely card. I'm back into my Christmas creating too! Lovely entry for our 'Anything but Square' challenge. Hugs, Wends xoxo Sweet Stampin' DT
Lovely, I must make a start on my Christmas cards soon 🙈
A beautiful CAS christmas card! I love the design layout and the silhouette is lovely. Looks like you had a fabulous birthday and enjoyed some very creative cards from your crafty friends. Thank you so much for playing along with the Rudolph Days Challenge.
Linda, DT
Beautiful card and nice co-ordinating envelope. Thank you for joining in the Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.
I love the way you make everything to co ordinate, a fabulous card.
Sue xx
so pretty and the stickles are the perfect accent! plus mega bonus points for the fabulous matching envies! thanks for bringing the bling with us at JINGLE BELLES!
what a pretty little Christmas night scene ... so very glad you got BLING-y with us at Jingle Belles.
Post a Comment