Friday, 8 May 2020

TGIF!! Got plans for the weekend?

Morning readers,

And, by plans, I mean ... got plans for a BBQ, gardening, video chat with family and/or friends? I have a video chat with a couple of pals later this morning and am looking forward to it, whilst it's not as good as seeing them in person .... it IS still keeping in touch, which is terrific.

I've a make to share with you today .... this one even uses something I haven't used in (probably) years ... a coloured AND deckle edged card blank - I can't even begin to imagine how long I must have had this card blank in my collection!!!!


My card
 
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • 6" square navy, deckle edged, 300gsm card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of smooth white, 300gsm, cardstock cut to fit
  • One piece of Paper Mill Christmas red 240gsm cardstock, cut to mat
  • TCP sentiment (from S.5845.CL - in my stash since April 2016) stamped using Versafine Clair twilight ink 
  • Carabelle stencil (MA60051) through which I applied Memento lady bug ink, using an Aldi stencil brush
  • Honey Bee tiny heart (from HBST-218) repeat stamped using Versafine Clair tulip red ink
  • Stardust stickles to bling up those tiny hearts

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Crafty Cardmakers - challenge No. 256 - CELEBRATIONS
  2. A Place To Start - May challenge - MAKE YOUR OWN BACKGROUND
  3. Crafty Creations - challenge No. 409 - ANYTHING GOES
And now for a fun little Artist Trading Coin ..... I so love this little lady monster from Paper Artsy

My Artist Trading Coin
Materials used:
  • Snippets of leftover card in Paper Mill smooth white and intense green
  • Nesting Circle dies to cut the 2½" and 2¼" circles
  • Paper Artsy (ZN28) stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink ... stamped a second time on to a full coverage post it which I then cut out and positioned over my stamped image - to use as a mask
  • Carabelle hearts stencil (MA60051) placed over my masked image and Memento rosebud ink brushed through it, using an Aldi stencil brush
  • CardzTV sentiment (from "Just Saying") stamped using Versafine Clair morning mist ink
  • After removing my mask I used the following Pro Markers to colour: Lime, pear green, cocktail pink, rose pink, hot pink, blossom and coral
  • Stardust stickles and Anita's dimensional gloss to add bling and texture


I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. CardzTV - challenge No. 114 - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Fab 'n Funky - challenge No. 480 - CUTE CRITTERS
  3. Lemon Shortbread - challenge No. 119 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Unicorn Challenge - challenge No. 54 - USE DIES - two used for this - hope this qualifies


12 comments:

anncreatief said...

Beautiful cards! Thanks for joining us at Unicorn. Have a nice day,.. Succes!!
DT Anneke

Sarn said...

LOVE that anniversary card. Very cool and CAS.

Happy VE Day!

Happy Bank Holiday Friday. I hope you enjoy your video chat.

No plans . . . except for being in the garden.

xxx

Pat said...

I love all the pretty red hearts on the matted background of this anniversary Kathy, and your fun quirky monster ATC using more hearts looks great too. We don't have any specific tasks or plans but may go for a walk. Hubby has taken his camera out to photograph any decorations as it is the VE Day celebrations today, unfortunately no blue skies here at the moment though. x

Lillianb said...

Two great makes kathy, and like you love the little lady monster,

Stay safe and well,

Lilian

cass said...

Pretty card, love the background you have created. Thanks for joining us at A Place to Start this month.

Glenda Atkins said...

Love the simplicity of the anniversary card and the lovely red hearts!! A wonderful card to celebrate an anniversary! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers!
hugs
Glenda DT

Marlene Atkinson said...

2 beautiful cards. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Creations challenge. Marlene DT

crafty-stamper said...

Great Trading coin love the cute monster image and stencilled background.Thank you for joining us at Unicorn
Carol DT x
Love the beautiful CAS anniversary card and stencilled background too
Carol x

crafty said...

Lovely card. Thankyou for joining in the Crafty Cardmakers challenge.
Mary

Deezy's Handmade Cards said...

What a wonderful projects: you have been bussy! Thank you for joining our challenge this month at A Place To Start challenge blog!

Karthikha said...

Wonderful work! Thank you for sharing your work at A Place to Start challenge. All the best :)

Karthikha,
DT - A Place to Start
My Blog - K's Kards and Krafts

Deanne Saunders said...

Beautiful!!! Thank-you so much for participating in our LEMON SHORTBREAD challenge. Hope to see your beautiful creations in our next challenge!! 😊 Have a happy crafty day!!! So sorry this is late, but things have been crazy lately, haven’t they!!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper