Saturday, 23 May 2020

Saturday and it's the weekend! Have a good one

Morning readers,

I'm told it was a wet and wild night last night and still blowy this morning .... the weather didn't waken me at all!! It must have been because I'd had a few restless nights in a row - I slept like a log!

I've a make to share with you today ....
My card
 
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to fit
  • One piece of DCWV textured hot pink card, cut to fit and the leftover snippet used to mat the sentiment/image panel
  • Snippet of white card, the width of my card front
  • I ran the card front panel through my big shot inside my "swiss dots" embossing folder
  • Placing my snippet strip of white card in my MISTI and adding the magnets I stamped my Honey Bee heart (from HBST218) using Ranger Archival vibrant fuchsia ink ..... I had to stamp it several times before I achieved a vibrant result I was happy with .... repeated this process elsewhere on the card and envelope
  • TCP sentiment (from S.5845.CL) stamped using Versafine Clair morning mist ink
  • My image panel (once matted on to the hot pink textured card strip) was attached to my dotty card front using dimensional foam tape .... seen below in the photo and which I've had for about 30 years!!! - STILL STICKY
  • Stardust stickles to bling up my heart


I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 420 - GOING DOTTY .... and, as is so blooming often the case ... I made it photographed it, posted it, entered it and THEN realised it was ONE LAYER WEEK - guess I'll be heading over to delete my entry in a moment!
  2. CraftyCatz - challenge No. 507 - SPOTS or STRIPES
  3. Alphabet Challenge - May 22nd challenge - "D" is for DRY EMBOSSING
  4. QKR Stampede - challenge No. 399 - ANYTHING GOES
  5. CardzTV - challenge No. 115 - ANYTHING GOES

And an Artist Trading Card ......
My Artist Trading Card
And a closer view - you may just be able to make out the
three faux crystal gemstones
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippets of leftover card in linen textured burgundy, white and black
  • Penny Black image (from "Allegro") stamped using Distress Oxide antique linen ink .... I used my MISTI to enable me to make three impressions to get the clearest image
  • Once my image was dry I assembled my ATC and then added three tiny faux crystal gemstones, to flower centres

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Through The Purple Haze - challenge No. 167 - ANYTHING GOES + optional twist of BLACK AND WHITE
  2. Scrapping4Fun - challenge No. 167 - ANIMALS/FLOWERS
  3. Creative Fingers - challenge No. 186 - ANYTHING GOES

And another ATC ...... using the same image and ink but .....


My Artist Trading Card - this is the best colour representation but...
the close up below shows the details better
 Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippets of leftover card in cream and kraft
  • On the Kraft snippet I stamped the Penny Black "Allegro" image using Distress Oxide in antique linen ... if you're sensing a bit of a pattern I ONLY have D.O.'s in Antique linen and Candied apple!
  • Sprinkling with clear embossing powder and shaking off the excess before heat setting
  • Using a Tim Holtz mini blending tool and a foam pad I applied Distress Ink in tea dye working in from the outer edge, leaving a kind of "halo" around the image. I changed to aged mahogany and added a little "warmth" to my background inking.
  • Placing my Memory Box stencil (88517) I added more ink from my blending tool (without re-inking) through the stencil, still leaving the area immediately around my imge free
  • A quick application of Crafters Companion Spray and Shine, to protect the water based inks



I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Moving Along With The Times - challenge No. 118 - FLOWERS
  2. Southern Girls - May 14th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Simply Create Too - challenge No. 160 - FLOWERS
OK, so ... it was back to the drawing board on the Simply Less Is More challenge - I've lost count of the number of times I have MISSED the bit about it being ONE LAYER! Seconds out, round two!
My ONE LAYER card!
 
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gs, card and matching sized envelope
  • One piece of white card, cut to fit - as my insert
  • That Special Touch stencil (Distressed dots) through which I applied Memento rosebud ink using an Aldi Stencil brush
  • Clearly Inspired allium image (from LCS100 Brushed flowers) stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
  • HLS sentiment (from doodled flowers) stamped using Versafine Clair morning mist ink




I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 420 - GOING DOTTY and ONE LAYER


19 comments:

Sarn said...

Terrific embossed anniversary card. Love it.

Also love BOTH your superb ATCs using that very pretty flower. Same ink and two different looks . .. very impressive.

Hope you manage to get out for your walk in the dry later this morning!

Happy Bank Hol weekend to you too!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Lillianb said...

Two great makes Kathy, Love the flowers on the ATC

Lilian x

Ankie vd Polder said...

Oops .... I can imagine how frusted it is when you're about to link your card and see that it has to be a one layer card and you didn't notice before.... But I really like your one layer version too. Have a nice weekend, Ankie

Pat said...

Wow Kathy you have been busy with four great creations. Such a pretty heart and dry embossed dots and then two super ATC's using the beautiful irises and your one layer card is brilliant with the stencilled dots and a wonderful silhouette allium. x

Cardsbymaaike said...

As usual fab set of cards, I only made one today lol ;-) Ok I fixed my bicycle, and other diy first, but now time for a card or two ;-)

Diane Louise J said...

Hello… Thanks for sharing your lovely atc with ‘Moving Along with the Times Challenge Blog’; it fits perfectly with our ‘Flowers’ challenge theme. Hope you can join us next month for our new challenge. Diane Louise (Team Leader) xx

Craft-E-Place said...

Wow you’ve been on a roll ... so many beautiful projects. I think we’ve all been there ... created a beautiful card and then realised that it needed to be one layer! I love the dotty background on your one layer card it really helps the focal image pop! Thanks for joining in with the challenge at Less is More.
Elaine

Bianca van Tilburg. said...

What a beautiful card.Thank you for participating by Scrapping4funChallenges.
Hugs Bianca DT

Monica said...

The heart card is lovely, Kathy as are the daffodil ones.

Thanks for the visit.

Love,
Monica

Zoechaos said...

Goodness me you have been busy! Belated happy birthday. Had to chuckle about the OLC so easily missed, but the alternative you made is fabulous dare I say it is better than the first one!!! love the ATCs as well those Penny Black silhouette stamps are so pretty. x

Wendy L said...

They look wonderful, thank you for joining us at MAWTT, xxxx

Michelle W said...

They are all beautiful as always Kathy! Thanks for sharing your dotty OLC with us at Less is More.

Mari said...

Such a beautiful cards! Thanks for joining us at the Creative Fingers Challenge.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards!
Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges.
Rachelle DT
https://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

Hayley's handmade cards said...

Ah I love this one, very simple but elegant xx

Billie A said...

Pretty anniversary card. Thanks for sharing over at Crafty Catz.

Jenny L said...

Hi Kathy,
what brilliant makes and such lovely work gone into the designs.
Beautiful stamps used and gorgeous colours too.
Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

Kim said...

Clean and simple. I love it. Thanks for joining the challenge at Simply Create Too Challenge Blog.

Helen said...

Beautiful anniversary card - very elegant. Love your other designs too.

Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge.

Helen x