Saturday, 30 May 2020

Saturday and that means, it's the weekend!

Morning readers

I've a make to share with you today .... I made my first ever postcard a week or so ago and found I quite enjoyed it so thought I'd make more. I also discovered that I have at least FOUR stamps that read "Postcard" or "Carte postale" too - who knew! I've now used three of them so you might want to keep an eye open to see how long it is before I get to use the fourth ... it's from Crafty Individuals!

The front of my post card
The reverse of my post card, I think I like this font best of all, though,
perhaps I'd like it just a tiny bit smaller!
Materials used:
  • White card folded in half and stuck together before cutting to 6" x 4" - standard postcard size
  • Paper Artsy sentiment and image (from JOFY09) stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne and morning mist inks
  • Hampton Arts "Post Card" sentiment (from Vintage Icons CR020) stamped using Versafine Clair morning mist ink
  • Fine liner Faber Castell pitt pen to draw the line defining message from address
  • Marvy le plume alcohol marker and a selection of sharpie pens used to colour
 

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Addicted to Stamps and More - ANYTHING GOES
  2. The Paper Shelter - challenge No. 429 - FLOWER POWER
  3. Crafty Creations - challenge No. 409 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. The Card Concept - challenge No. 136 - BRIGHT FLOWERS
  5. PaperBabe - challenge No. 120 - QUOTES

 

And a rather colourful Artist Trading Card ....... using the fabulous Christmas stamps from Paper Artsy .. ZA51, I received them as a gift recently and I just KNEW it wouldn't be long before I had inked up all of the images and today sees the last one receiving ink - Yee Haa!


My ATC
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippets of leftover card in white and Paper Mill intense red
  • Paper Artsy image (from ZA51) stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
  • Coloured using a mix of Sharpie pens and Marvy le plume alcohol markers
  • Anita's dimensional gloss for the eyes and Stardust stickles to bling up the stars!




I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Stampotique - challenge No. 349 - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Penny's Paper Crafty - challenge No. 472 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. The House That Stamps Built - challenge No. 2720 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Colour Crazy - challenge No. 21 - ANYTHING (hand coloured) GOES
  5. Creative Fingers - challenge No. 187 - ANYTHING GOES

Don't believe one person would need all of those "post card" images? Hmmmmm one turned up in a VERY unlikely set of Christmas stamps - check out the options .... Dark Room Door, Hampton Art, Crafty Individuals and even a cheapie set from WHAT!



And let's not forget this set from Correspondence Art that I used a week or so ago but forgot about when photographing the options .. taking my total to FIVE!!!!! Time to thin out perhaps?


15 comments:

Lillianb said...

Two great makes again Kathy, I make a postcard every month and enjoy the challenge of a smaller area,

Take care and stay safe,

Lilian

Sarn said...

Well, at least you've inked all your new cow stamps and pretty much all your Post Card stamps too! Well done for such sterling hard work!

Have a great weekend.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Viv said...

Two lovely makes again Kathy, love the postcard one esp. ;) Viv xx

Pat said...

I love the post card Kathy and the Paper Artsy flowers are so pretty and love the colours, and the your quirky cow ATC, more very bright and beautiful colours and another fun PA image. I don't have any post card images, but have had my eye on a Penny Black one, and I do like the Crafty Individuals one too. It is funny thoug how stamps seem to breed..lol. x

Claire said...

Such a pretty postcard.

Heather said...

Two great creations! Love that you are making your own postcards; so fun! And I really like the addition of of the sparkle on the stars on the Christmas card. Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Jools Robertson said...

Fantastic cards
Thank you for joining the Stampotique challenge
Jools x

*Arwen* said...

That's such a funny card :)
Thx for joining us at Stampotique.

xx Arwen

Tera Callihan said...

Very nice postcard and ATC.
Thank you for joining us in the Stampotique Originals designers challenge

Esther Asbury said...

I love the sparkle on the ATC you linked up to The House That Stamps Built --thanks for playing along!

Pop's Cards said...

This is such a pretty creation, Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter this time, hugs Pops x

Betty Wright said...


Fantastic! I never think to create a post card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Card Concept Challenge!

Helen said...

A great card - thanks for sharing it with us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge.

Helen x

Paro's Kraftology said...

Beautiful 😍

Sarah said...

Thank you for sharing your fun card with us at Colour Carzy Challenge. Sarah DT